[Fluff] Dwarfs dwarfs dwarfs

Maling, battlereports og selvpromotering

Moderator:Frederique

NotoriousGorilla
Stannis Brocker
[Fluff] Dwarfs dwarfs dwarfs

Post by NotoriousGorilla » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:58 am

Her er et utkast til fluff jeg har skrevet. Den er ikke ferdig og ikke så bra skrevet som den kan bli, men det er et utkast og tenkte å dele det her. Har skrevet på engelsk siden jeg tenkte å legge ut på Manticforumet også etterhvert.

Brynjon the Stone Priest:

“Cursed Rock!”, Brynjon muttered. He could feel the large boulder on his back gnawing at his skin. The boulder had pierced the skin now, it must have. Soon the blood would start running down his legs. But it did not matter, the boulder had been his father’s, and it could only make him stronger. His father had always said that what doesn't kill you will make you stronger and that is particularly true with a boulder. Brynjon’s great-grandfather had been crushed by this particular boulder. Since then Brynjon’s grandfather and Brynjon’s father after him had carried this boulder on their back . And they had both been strong, hard and full of grit. True dwarfs. His father had fought in the goblin wars. His father once told Brynjon that in one battle he had so many stabs from goblin spears that his boots were filled to the rim with his own blood. He had fought on and would only stop fighting to empty his boots. All that with a boulder on his back.

The boulder was not meant for Brynjon, he had three older brothers after all. All better than him in every way. But they were all dead now with his father. Down there in the mine. Brynjon had to reach the upper levels to warn the hold of the danger that had breached the lower levels. He had promised his dying father that. The significance of securing the boulder was lost to Brynjon, but his father had insisted. You don´t deny a man´s dying wish and especially not if it is your own kin. So here he was, climbing the stairs with his ancestor´s boulder strapped to his back.

Even as Brynjon had held a steady pace he could hear his pursuers now. That must mean that the last of the defenders had perished down there. A few more steps and he would be at the 900 feet marker. Not nearly far enough. If it wasn't for this boulder slowing him down he might have a chance. To leave the boulder was of course not an alternative, a promise was a promise and Brynjon was no Oathbreaker. It would stay on his back until the day he dies. In a moment of weakness Brynjon realized that he is very likely to die today. But NO! He quite literally carried his family's honor on his back, he still had his axe and the memory of his fallen brothers-in-arms to fuel his blood with rage. He was ready to fight and there was no way he could die today.

The passageway up from the mines were built wide enough for ten dwarfs in full battle gear to march shoulder to shoulder. And dwarfs had big shoulders. And as the passageway made for an excellent defensive position for a regiment of dwarfs it made a rather poor defensive position for a single dwarf. Brynjon knew this, but he was confident, in fact, as he valuated the odds against him it only made him more confident.

The foul creatures had gotten the jump on them down there. They had used explosives to engage from the dark, killing most of the patrol and scattering the rest. Brynjon’s brother Umbwar had fallen in the surprise attack. Despite the lethal trap, the survivors had managed to rally a defensive formation. The enemy shock troops had attacked in full force. Brynjon, being the youngest, was tasked with carry the warning to the holds above. At the time Brynjon left all his brothers had fallen and his father dying.

Brynjon brushed the memory from his mind. In less than a minute the enemy would catch up with him. He could hear their ratty paws against the ancient stone stairs. Claws scraping and gnawing at the slick stone surface. Making a sickening sound that left goosebumps up Brynjon’s neck. The thought of those foul creatures staining such fine craftsmanship was infuriating. An insult to the honor of every dwarf living and dead.

[to be continued]

TheNotoriousGorilla
Last edited by NotoriousGorilla on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fokk me, I´m a Dwarf!!

Kings of War

"epicdwarf's map pack randomizer" (beta): www.epicdwarf.com!

Mine KoW-turneringer 2017:
Spring of War 4.Mars
Fall of Kings Oktober 2017
Twitter: @mangapolis
My comic at www.mangapolis.com

Frederique
Archangel

Post by Frederique » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:02 am

Oooh, for en feeling! :mrgreen: I like
Hva er egentlig fluffen bak de steinene? Er det samme stein som Stone Priest i dvergelista bærer rundt på? Typisk en dverg å nerfe seg selv på den måten. :wink:
Frederick B

join Kings of War Norway (facebook)

NotoriousGorilla
Stannis Brocker

Post by NotoriousGorilla » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:47 am

Jada, det er den samme Stone Priesten som bærer stein på ryggen :) Det kommer til å bli bedre forklart litt senere i historien.
All about that nerf! Dwerf?

TheNotoriousGorilla
Fokk me, I´m a Dwarf!!

Kings of War

"epicdwarf's map pack randomizer" (beta): www.epicdwarf.com!

Mine KoW-turneringer 2017:
Spring of War 4.Mars
Fall of Kings Oktober 2017
Twitter: @mangapolis
My comic at www.mangapolis.com

Return to “Blogger”