Torger i The 9th Age

Maling, battlereports og selvpromotering

Moderators: zuhlmatul, Grayfox, Kalerith

The Avenger
Ghetorix

Torger i The 9th Age

Post by The Avenger » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:08 pm

God dag.
The 9th Age er oppe og går og med det har entusiasme og iver for hobbyen kommet tilbake til meg.
På slutten av Warhammer 8th Edition starter jeg ny Warriors of Chaos arme, Warriors of the Dark Gods i T9A, og det er denne jeg fortsetter med nå.
Her er bloggen jeg har startet på T9A-forumet
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php? ... 37ace62640
Siden mai elns har jeg gått til innkjøp av mange nye modeller og limt 15 warriors, 10 hunder, 20 lightcav, 1 lord, samt malt 10 hunder og 1 lord til fots.

Nå jobber jeg mot Invasion og det er mye å gjøre.
Har satt opp en ca liste med
1 lord til fot, Lvl 4, bsb til fots, barbarian earl, 10 hunder, 21 warriors, 25 barbarians, 20 chosen, 1 vogn og 5 crushers.
Kun hunder, magiker og warriors er ferdige, barbarians her jeg begynt å male nå. Crushers er nesten ferdig limt, chosen er kun kroppene limt og vogna er påbegynt limt.

Nok å gjøre ja.
Har ikke spilt så mye enda, pga malefokus, så Invasion blir mer en "opplæringstur", hvor jeg får satt regler osv, så får resultatet bli som det blir. Derimot blir det Giant Fanatic i oktober og Stavanger i november, og NM i januar. Her blir det mer konkuransespilling 8)

Så, det var en kort intro. Bloggen blir primært for maling, men satser og på å få til noen batreps i ny og ne.

Følg med videre.
Slep deg til Indian Summer 17-18. juni 2017!!

Vestlandsfanden
Ghetorix

Post by Vestlandsfanden » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:42 pm

Subbed!
"You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it!"
-RW-

Jeg er en sucker for en god come-back story

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!

The Avenger
Ghetorix

Post by The Avenger » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:06 pm

WiP-bilder av barbarene:

Kalerith
Juggernaut

Post by Kalerith » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:10 pm

Barbarer ja :)
Skal bli artig å se til Invasion :)
Karl-Erik Hansen
Tournament Organizer:

-Drums of War

- Winterfall

ETC- 2016.
Team Norge - Orcs & Goblins
Ny kanal for kamprapporter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvnfmG6pYRFChFyeuwApAJg

Vestlandsfanden
Ghetorix

Post by Vestlandsfanden » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:01 am

Pent!
-RW-

Øystein
Archangel

Post by Øystein » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:46 am

Som vanlig høy standard på malingen, Torger. Hyggelig å se at du er i gang igjen :P
Mvh
Øystein Berg

Vestlandsfanden
Ghetorix

Post by Vestlandsfanden » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:10 pm

Berømt på internett blir han også!

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/news/index ... the-hobby/
-RW-

The Avenger
Ghetorix

Post by The Avenger » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:29 pm

Litt mer fremdrift på barbarene:
Some more progress on the Barbarians. Highlight on most colors, but still some missing. Also need to touch up the skin, hair/beard and other details. But for now

The Avenger
Ghetorix

Post by The Avenger » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:54 pm

*avansert kopier-lim inn fra T9A forumet*
Good evening folks!
It's update time, but not about painting the Black Metal army ... *building up excitement*... I wen't to a tournament this weekend, so the few next posts will be pictures, comments and sum ups of my games. We played 5 games, 2500pts.

So, this tournament is called Invasion, held in Kristiansand in Norway and has been an annual tournament since 2004. I attended the first 8 years, did something else in 2012-15, but now it was time to go back and play some games with The Ninth Age.
The first years the tournament was only 40k and WFB, but it has grown big and this year it was 130 participants for T9A, KoW, WMH, 40k, FoW and X-wing. The T9A tournament ended up having 18 participants.

I really wanted to field the Black Metal army, but I had to admit to myself a few weeks ago that i would never finish in time. So what did I do you ask? If not, I'll tell you anyway: I took another WotDG army, painted for the 6th Ed WFB Chaos Book, when both knights and chariots where coreunits. Last year I painted 21 warriors and a BSB on steed for a tournament in 8th Ed and for this tournament I finished 15 more warriors and a character on foot which have stood halfdone in a drawer too long.
This army was a themed monoKhorne army, so I kept the theme and fielded a straight Wrath army. Based on what I had availiable, that I only had 3 T9A games in total before (none with the list I fielded) and it's was 1,5 years since my last tournament and something similar to last before that again, I knew I wouldn't do any good. And it was totally fine. It was just about going to the tournament, play some games, meet new and old people and have fun #totallyawesomeattitude 8-)

The list I ended up taking was:
- Lord: General, Wrath, Wasteland Steed, Ogre Sword, Dragonscale Helm, Talisman of Supreme Shielding 330pts
- Harbringer: Battle Standard Bearer, Wrath, Wasteland Steed, Shield, Lance, Banner of Discipline, Gem of Fortune  245pts
- Wrathpriest: Wastehardened Skin, Sword of Strength, Crown of Scorn  180pts
- 23 Warriors: Wrath, Halberds, Full Command Group, Flaming Standard 444pts
- 12 Warriors: Wrath, Halberds, Standard Bearer, Musican  216pts
- 5 Warhounds  45pts
- 5 Warhounds  45pts
- 5 Warhounds  45pts
- 5 Warhounds  45pts
- Wasteland Chariot: Pair of Wasteland Steeds, Wrath  105pts
- Wasteland Chariot: Pair of Wasteland Steeds, Wrath  105pts
- 7 Knights: Wrath, Full Command Group, Stalkers Standard, daemonic weapons  353pts
- 7 Knights: Wrath, Full Command Group, Banner of Speed, daemonic weapons  338pts

I also felt abit nostalgic about bringing this army, because the very first tournament this army was brought to was Invasion 2007 (I think), and then I won the first out of four Best Painted Armies *bragging* :thumbdown:

I took the train down to Oslo on friday and joined cars with 3 other guys from the old WFBscene that was going to play KoW. Judge Fred was one of them, for those of you who has attended ETC the past years.
We arrived at the hotel 4,5h later, checked in and went to an Indian Reastaurant. Great food there.

This was the intropost, game 1 will hopefully come tomorrow. Stay tuned \m/

The Avenger
Ghetorix

Post by The Avenger » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:37 pm

Invasion 2016 - Game 1 vs Orcs & Goblins

Classic / Hold the Ground

So, first game was against Khalerith, Team Norways O&G player for this years ETC. I haven't checked his ETClist, but I think it's quite similar to the list he brought for the tournament.

Common Orc Warlord, Plates of Tuktek, Talisman of Supreme Shielding, Great weapon, Divine Icon.  235
Common Goblin Shaman, lv 1 (Litle Green), Dispel scroll 95
Common Goblin Shaman lv 1 (Litle Green), Ring of Fire 85
Feral Orc Chief, bsb, Flaming Standard, Mithril Mail, great weapon 135
Feral Orc Shaman (Wilderness) lv 2, Tome of Arcane Lore 110
45. Cave Goblins, short bows, 3 mad gits, banner, musician 205
45. Cave Goblins, short bows, 3 mad gits, banner, musician 205
46. Feral Orcs, spears, bows, full command, standard of dicipline 439
5. Gnasher Dashers  60
5. Gnasher Dashers 60
5. Gnasher Dashers  60
Splatterer, bully 100 x 2
Doom Diver 90
Gargantula w. web launcher 255 x 2

After Vanguard.
He deploys symmetrical in the centre, and I have from left to right:

Warhounds, Knights with speed banner, 12 warriors, chariot, Stalkerstandard knights with lord and bsb, big warriors with wrathpriest, chariot, and the rest of the warhounds.

So what to do. With all that shooting I wanted to speed up ahead right away, but the fanatics made me still want to keep my distance. Classic dilemma. He deployed his entire army in one drop, leaving me to deploy how I thought necessary.

The Hounds where placed on the flanks to go around the spiders if opportunity came.

In hindsight I should have just placed everything on one flank, my right maybe. Oh well.

His turn 2 movement:

As you can see, he's just waiting me out. Moves up a shaman T1 for some Evil Eye'ing. His first round of shooting took one unit of warhounds and a knight from the centreunit.The chariot on my right took 3 wounds. The big warriors where hit by a web, so I chose not to march them up.

End O&G T2 movement:

T2 WotDG

I charge two units of gnashers, ending up like this:

The hounds get killed straight out of course, and the chariot does poor and looses it's last wound.

1 more knight in the centre has been killed.

T3 WotDG:

So in his turn3 the centreknights where reduced such that he could target the bsb, hit and killed him with the catapults.

IIRC one gnasherunit on the left charged the knights and got killed.

In my turn I charge the left warriors and centreknights in the goblins on my left. The fanatics are unleashed and the warriors take some casualties and the knights fit in between them, so no damage there. I obviously win the combat. The knights are outside the Orcs' LoS.

This is actually the last picture, but it goes on like this:

I grind down the goblins. I think the rest of the small warriorunit dies due to fanatics. My big warriorunit is down at the centre, holding the ground. I wanted to reform the knights and get down to the centre to take the objective. We now have 2 scoring units each that can reach the centre, so it's so far a tie. The game ends with him charging the orcs and the spideron my right at the warriors and I of course fail the terrorcheck and get run down by the Orcs. He now gets the objective, and after counting up including scenariopts I loose 17-3.

So, as said before,because he dumped his entire army in the middle first, I should have place all mine on my right flank. It could have worked out.

Stay sharp 'till game 2.

Kalerith
Juggernaut

Post by Kalerith » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:54 pm

Jeg tror at om du hadde dompet alt på en flanke hadde jeg fremdeles vunnet, men dette hadde endret dynamikken i kampen en del. Du blir mer lett bytte for panikk. Jeg kan skjerme den ene goblin uniten og få scenario ganske enkelt.

Stusset dog over at du ikke bare gunnet maks forover med dogsa for å trekke ut fanatikerne mine. Plassert utenfor los, men innenfor "8" ikke bare bare når jeg har grei kontroll på hva jeg driver med, men tror jeg hadde vært ditt beste bet for å unngå dem.
Liten blemme at Feralsene mine ikke kunne se flanken din, men er egentlig usikker på om jeg burde gått for den selv om jeg kunne. Hadde mer å tjene på å dabbe opp mot midten for å sikre scenario poengene. Det at gutta dine failer terror er surt ja, men tror ikke det spilte noen rolle for kampen egentlig, det bare gjorde at jeg slapp å trille noen terninger ekstra.

Listen er rett og slett ikke sterk nok og pga den tror jeg du ville kjempet i oppoverbakke uansett hvilken strategi du hadde valgt her. Derimot hadde vi spilt Breakthrough kunne du fort ha vunnet. Men den store store flawen i listen her er at jeg kan drepe 3 knights i hver unit så du har mindre en 5 R&F modeller. Da kan jeg snipe karakterer som jeg vil. Du er også i farlig panikk teriorie og da sier det seg selv at med en bsb uten ward save er et lett mål for meg.

Jeg stusset litt over at du ikke hadde knightsene sammen slik at du bare kunne hoppet over etter å ha tatt noen casualities dog.

Forventer at du knuser trynet mitt i Stavanger på Winterfall med noe vesentlig hardere enn dette :D
Synes forøvrig du var en kjekk motstander å spille mot/med.
Karl-Erik Hansen
Tournament Organizer:

-Drums of War

- Winterfall

ETC- 2016.

The Avenger
Ghetorix

Post by The Avenger » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:14 pm

Ved å deploye over på høyreflanken tenker jeg vel mer på at den store warriorenheten kunne stått der den sto, mens resten av hæren kunne kommet til høyre for denne. Jeg endte jo opp med å deploye over hele linja. Ikke helt bærekraftig tror jeg.

Når det gjelder terrortesten, så er jeg enig at sannsynligvis ville tapt og breaket, glemte bare å kommentere det :wink:
Listen er helt klart svak uansett og du gjør et godt poeng med antall knights og skader.

Så til slutt, fanatics/mad gits. I gamledager ville jeg gjort som du beskriver uten å tenke.
Men da jeg spurte hvordan de funker nå, forstod jeg svaret ditt slik at du alltid valgte selv når de slippes ut uavhengig hvor nærme noen fiende er. Mulig kommunikasjonssvikt, men det var avgjørende for plassering og bruk av dogsa. Leste reglene nå iallefall, så da vet jeg det til neste gang 8)

Kalerith
Juggernaut

Post by Kalerith » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:45 pm

De må ut i min skytefase om du er innafor 8 av meg. Er vanskeligere å få til enn før, og det er ikke bare å sette seg i los heller fordi da kan jeg charge deg og komme rundt det...
Karl-Erik Hansen
Tournament Organizer:

-Drums of War

- Winterfall

ETC- 2016.

Return to “Blogger”