Ugrush sin 9th log, #14 2500p DH vs UD

Her kan vi poste battle reports du vil dele med andre

Moderators: zuhlmatul, Grayfox, Kalerith

Ugrush
Thorn

Ugrush sin 9th log, #14 2500p DH vs UD

Post by Ugrush » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:07 pm

Tenkte jeg skulle prøve å lage noen reports frem mot Drums of War og DSK.
Dette er min første Battlerep, så vi får se!

Battle reports

1. 2500p WoDG vs HE (Kristian)
2. 2500p WoDg vs UD (gimligli)
3. 2500p WoDG vs UD (Getyrom)
4. 2500p DH vs OK (BadNewsBalls) (20-0)
5. 2500p DH vs EoS (fistandfurious) (10-10)
6. 2500p DH vs BH (Federiko00) (T4: 11-9)
7. 2500p DH vs UD (Palmu) (8-12)
8. 2500p DH vs HBE (Nopuiidorl) (13-7)
9. 2500p DH vs VC (fedeb77) (19-1)
10. 2500p DH vs BH (Federiko00) (20-0)
11. 2500p DH vs DL (Rulah) (T3: 15-5)
12. 2500p DH vs DE (Conan) (11-9)
13. 2500p DH vs SE (Kazandu) (1-19)
14. 2500p DH vs UD (Hovado2) (5-15)
Last edited by Ugrush on Sun May 22, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 17 times in total.
ETC 2016 - T9A Dwarven Holds
ETC 2018 - T9A Infernal Dwarfs - Kaptein
Kongsberg Tablewar

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:12 pm

2500p WotDG vs HE

WoDG list:

Sorceror Lord, General, Level 4, Heavens, Hardened Shield, Tome of Arcane Knowledge, Talisman of Supreme Shielding, 320p
Sorceror, Level 2, Death, Lucky Shield, Dispel Scroll, 155p
Harbinger of Chaos, BSB, MoP, Shield, Sword of Strength, Helm of Discord, Banner of Courage, Blessed by the Gods (+1T), 220p
Barbarian Chief, Osklander Jarl, Flail, 98p

4x5 Chaos Warhounds 4x35p
40 Barbarians, FCG, Flail, Jarl's Raiders, 232p
50 Barbarians, FCG, Flail, 282p

25 Chosen, FCG, MoP, War Standard, 495p

Battleshrine, Mark of Pestilence, 160p
Hellscream Cannon 200p
Hellscream Cannon 200p

HE list, approximately:

High Prince, General, Ancient Dragon, Sword of Strife.
Archmage, Lvl 3, Wilderness, trolig Ward av noe slag.
Mage, Elven Steed, Lvl 1, Wilderness

48 Spearmen, FCG
10 Archers
10 Archers
10 Ellyrian Reavers, Bows

25 Wardens of the Flame, FCG

2x Bolt hrowers, multi shots
Frost Phoenix

Spells:
Archmage: The Beast Within, Curse of the Wild Wood and Monstrous Transformation.
Mage: The Beast Within

Sorceror Lord: (rolls 2, 3, 3, 4, 6) Get 0, 2, 4, 5, 6
Sorceror: (rolls 3,5) Get 0, 3

----------------------------------------------------------------

Deployment:
HE deploys 2x 10 archer units, then the rest of army getting +8 to get first turn.
WotDG deploy 2x5 warhounds before HE are finished, I can basically do whatever I want and now I know exactly where my enemy is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

HE T1:
• Movement:
o The entire army advances.
• Magic: Rolls 5,3 for magic flux, no channels.
o Archmage begin by failing to cast Curse of the Wild Wood on my Barbarians.
o The beast within is dispelled on the dragonlord.
o Archmage fails to cast monstrous transformation
• Shooting
o Reavers kill the dog unit to the left. Archers and bolt throwers kills a few dogs off the two units in the middle, they are outside both BSB and general bubble and fail pain tests for 25% casualties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

WotDG T1:
• Movement
o One dog unit rallies next to barbarians, the other fails and runs of the table.
o Chosen advance slightly, staying outside 17” of Dragon, making sure line of sight covers the entire frontage of where I want to place the barbarian unit ready for a counter charge if in need.
o Warhounds unit advance, setting up a potential overrun with the dragon towards my chosen. If he rolls average on the overrun he will be 1,5” away from my chosen block.
o Warshrine moves to the right to cover valuable targets better and ready to support either block if charged.
o Barbarians advance slightly, staying outside 18” of phoenix.
• Magic:
o Rolls 6,2 for magic flux, no channel on either side.
o Lightning Storm on Phoenix is dispelled.
o Shadow miasma goes off on dragonlord
o Call of the Comet goes off, positioned 9” away from chosen and barbarians, just ahead of warhounds. I’ve written down that it is to land at in HE T3.
• Shooting:
o Hellscream cannon #1 misses Flame Wardes, #2 gets a direct hit kills approx. 10 models.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

HE T2:
• Movement:
o Dragonlord fails a charge against barbarians, moves 3” forward.
o Phoenix fails charge against barbarians, moves 1” forward.
o Eagles move up to threaten flank of barbarians.
o Reavers move up to do the same as eagles.
o Spears advance to complete the “iron wall” around my corner of the table.
• Magic:
o Rolls 5, 4 for magic flux, HE channels.
o Archmage casts the beast within on dragon lord, rolls 6, 5, 4. I save my dice and conclude that I’ll have to leave the dragonlord for this round.
o Archmage casts curs of the wild wood on barbarians, rolls 6,5,5,4. I scroll it for some strange reason. Should have dispelled as the mage could do much useful at his position and the archmage was way behind to do anything useful with transformation.
o Archmage fails to cast transformation.
• Shooting:
o Reavers kill 3-4 barbarians
o Reapers does squat, too much cover to get LoS properly.
o Right archers kills 2 dogs
o Left archers do not have range to anything.
------------------------------------------------------------------

WotDG T2:
• Movement
o Roll for assaulting barbarians: 2. No ambush this turn.
o Chosen backs up slightly to have charge lane and LoS to cover frontage of Barbarians if a counter charge is needed.
o Barbarians do a swift reform to make space for a potential chosen counter charge.
o Battleshring positions to get impact hits on eagles if they land behind barbarians to threaten hellscream cannons
o Warhounds #4 setup to lure spearmen into the radius of the comet.
o Warhounds #3 setup to block charge from reavers into flank of barbarians and potentially get them into comet range.
• Magic: Roll 3,3. No channel.
o Lightning storm is dispelled on eagle, coult potentially jump, eagle, eagle, spearmen, warhounds, phoenix, dragon.
o Shadow Miasma give dragonlord -1 movement.
• Shooting
o Hellscream cannon #1 misses, #2 deviates from phoenix and kill 3 flame wardens.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HE T3:
• Movement
o Reavers charge warhounds, I flee. Should have held. Reavers redirect into barbarians flank.
o Phoenix advances to clear comet and sits in front of barbarians preparing for a combo charge next round
o Dragonlord does tries to clear comet as well, ready for next round charge.
o Spearmen stand still.
o Flame wardens stands still.
o Eagles fly in behind barbarians to threaten warshrine and hellscream cannons.
• Magic:
o Rolls 6,3. HE channels.
o Mage casts the Beast within on reavers, I fail to dispel.
o Archmage casts curse of the wild wood on barbarians, I dispel.
o Archmage casts the beast within on dragonlord, does not meet casting value.
o Comet lands, rolls 6,6 for distance meaning everything within 14” is hit. I kill 6 chosen, 6 barbarians, what is left of both warhound units, 8 spearmen, 7 reavers, 3 wounds on the dragon, kills the phoenix, kills an eagle and kills 7 flame wardens :D
• Shooting:
o Archers kill a chosen.
• Combat:
o Sorceror challenges mage, nothing happends. Reavers kill 3 barbarians, 3 reaveres are killed in return.
o Reavers lose by 1, does not break.
----------------------------------------------------------------
WoTDG T3:
• Movement:
o Battleshrine charges remaining eagle
o Chosen charge dragonlord in flank, HE player decides to Hold. I need 8 to make the charge and roll 10.
o Ambushing barbarians enter the table on opponent table edge, behind 10 archers, between 2 Sea Guard reapers heading for the hill.
• Magic:
o I roll 6,6, no channels for HE.
o Battleshrine casts shadow miasma on dragonlord -2WS.
o Sorceror casts Touch of the reaper on dragon lord, 1 wound and -1 Ld from attribute.
o Sorceror casts Soul leech on dragonlord, dispelled.
o Sorceror Lord casts Curse of the Westerlies on dragonlord for re-roll successful to wound rolls, failed dispel be HE player.
o Sorceror Lord casts Blizzard on dragonlord, failed dispel be HE player.
• Combat:
o Duel between mage and sorcerer continues, I do 1 wound.
o Barbarians kills to the remaining reavers, mage breaks with 1 wound I pursue. He gets away and I clip off the table to return next round. I think these should have crashed with chosen when I think about it in the aftermath.
o Harbinger of Chaos has to challenge. High Prince on Dragon sits on WS4 with -1 to hit and does squat, I use Second Seal dice to re-roll 1 failed armour saves again the Prince on S4. I do squat in return, wasting 2 Second sign tokens on re-rolls to hit. Should have used these to re-roll failed wounds instead. The dragon does nothing in after re-rolls to wound sitting on WS3 needing 5s to hit me.
o Dragonlord loses combat by 6 sitting on Ld 8 now, needing snake eyes to not break. He breaks from combat and is ran down by chosen. Chosen overrun 9”
o Battleshrine roll 6 Impact hits killing eagle before combat begins.

-----------------------------------------------------------
HE player surrenders.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Summary:

- When HE player surrenders I've lost 140p, he has lost 1300p halfway through the game. Spears and flame wardens would surely have gone down and I would have taken King of the Hill giving me a solid 10-2 victory.

- Touch of the reaper cannot target unit in combat, as the spell is of type damage. The dragon lord would later have needed 3 to hold instead of 2, insignificant consequence as he rolled average on 2d6.

- Warhounds should have held against reaver charge.

- Hellscream cannons under perform, but they do not excel against such a mobile enemy army.

- I'm not satisfied with how I use the hellcannons panic causing shots together with magic giving Ld penalties. This must improve! I think I lvl 1 death magician with touch of the reaper is significant as well when I've got 5 heavens spells.

- Path of Heavens seems a bit hard to play with. Call of the Comet really broke this game. He focused on dispelling lightning storm and thunderbolt, which could have done some serious damage against his flyers.

- When I need to challenge with me Harbinger, which force enemies to re-roll successful to wound rolls with helm of discord, I should go for re-roll successful hits with curse of westerlies.

- I'm not entirely convinced on the ambushing barbarians. Against an less mobile enemy and in a full battle, they would surely do more good of course.

- All in all, I need a more experienced enemy to further test and tweek this list.
Last edited by Ugrush on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:06 pm

Battle report 2500p Warriors of the Dark Gods vs. Undying Dynasties
WoDG list:

Lord of chaos, general, mark of change, disc of change, Burning blade of chaos, hardened shield, dusk stone 345
Lord of chaos, mark of change, disc of change, shield, dragonhelm, ogre Sword, sprout of rebirth 350

Harbinger of chaos, BSB, mark of pestilence, wastehardened skin, pestilent palanquin, shield, talisman of preservation 240
Sorcerer, mark of pestilence, level 2 (0, 1, 5), path of disease, pestilent palanquin, tome of Arcane lore 165
Sorcerer, level 2, path of death (0,1), Dispel scroll 150

10 wasteland warriors, banner 120
50 barbarians, mark of pestilence, shields, full command, war standard 415
5 warhounds 45
5 warhounds 45

7 wasteland knights, banner 244
7 wasteland knights, banner 244
Fallen beast 65
Fallen beast 65
Total: 2493
UD list, approximately:

Death Cult Hierach, Hierophant, Lvl 4, Path of Sands (0, 1, 3, 5), Book of the Dead.
Death Cult Acolyte, Lvl 2, Path of Sands (2, 4), Scroll
Nomarch, General
Tomb Harbinger, Bone Cuirass

50 Skeletons, Shields, FCG
20 Skeletons, Bows, FCG
3x5 Skeleton Riders, Bows

30 Necropolis Guard, Halberds, FCG, Banner of Swiftness
Tomb Scorpion, Ambushing
3 Sand Stalkers

5 Winged Reapers, Paired Weapons, Autonomus
Casket

Deployment:
UD player deploys entire army on/around the hill in his deployment zone. Stalkers and scorpion ambushes. Reapers to the left, archers and nec guard in the middle and skeletons to the right. Horse archers are in between.
I deploy my army with both knight units on the left flank opposite winged reapers, planning to launch lord into them. Barbarians deploy to the right to counter skeleton and tomb guard block. 
UD T1:
• Movement:
o The army advances to get range with spells/shooting.
• Magic:
o Nothing happends, fails to cast or is dispelled.
• Shooting
o Horse archers and skeleton archers kill off some dogs, which flee. Misplacement outside BSB and General bubble by me.

WotDG T1:
• Movement
o Barbarians advance slightly, staying outside 13” of Skellies.
o Knights with dog screens advance to be withing sensible charge range of reapers next turn.
• Magic:
o I do a wound on his Nomarch with Death 0.
UD T2:
• Movement:
o Necropolis guard and skeletons advance
o Reaper back up away from knights. They are now at 18”, too far away to charge next turn.
o Stalkers and Scorpion ambushes, behind middle knights and barbarians on the right.
o Horse archers charge 5 warhounds in front of middle knights.
• Magic:
o Nothing goes off now either. I barely dispel a boosted Sands 3 which could jump between both knight units!
• Shooting:
o Sand Stalkers kill 3 knights.
o Horse archers and skellie archers kill a few barbarians and some more dogs.
• Combat:
o Horse archers takes 2 wounds from warhounds. Do nothing in return and 1 more crumble.
WotDG T2:
• Movement
o Both spawns arrive, places opposite sides of casket.
o Left knight unit advance, the skeleton horse archers did not overrun into me as I hoped for.
o Middle knight unit reforms to take care of sand stalkers.
o Warriors in the middle also reform to make sure stalkers cannot escape a charge next turn.
o Barbarian block backs up a little, to be outside avg charge range of both skelly warriors and necro guard. Sand scorpion in right behind me.
• Magic:
o I cast +2 S on middle knights and -1 S and T on stalkers.
o I do 1 wound on stalkers with Death 0.
• Combat:
o Warhounds and horse archers in a stand of, nothing happends.
UD T3:
• Movement
o Necro guard and skelly warriors fails charge against barbarians.
o Sand Scorpion charges barbarians in the rear.
o Stalkers shuffle left to try and get outside knight LoS without success.
o Skellie archers reform to face spawns.
o Horse archers move to face spawns.
• Magic:
o Double shots goes off on skellie archers.
o Sands 3 goes off on knights facing stalkers, 3 knights dies.
o I manage to dispel Sands 3 from the casket.
• Shooting:
o Skelly archers and 3 units of horse archers does squat against spawns. (55 shots, 0 wounds :S)
o Stalkers kills another knight.
• Combat:
o Horse archers vs warhounds still does squat.
o Sand scorpion kills a few barbarians and wins combat. Barbarians hold on steadfast.
o I reform to face scorpion.
WoTDG T3:
• Movement:
o Left knights charge winged reapers.
o Middle knights charge sand stalkers.
o Spawns both charge casket.
o Warriors fail swift reform for a possible flank charge to support Barbarians next turn and end up doing a normal reform.
• Magic:
o Nothing exciting happends, I’m too far away with my barbarian block to debuff the sand stalkers and the reapers.
• Combat:
o Horse archers finally kill off the last two dogs.
o Burning Blade lord kills off 1 sand stalker (I manage to hit with only 2 attacks, wound with 1 and multiply into 3 wounds :S), 2 knights does squat. Horses does nothing, disc does 2 wounds and last stalker crumbles. Lone disc lord reforms to face barbarians behind warriors.
o Ogre blade Lord does 3 wounds, knight and mounts whiff their attacks again. Reapers kill off 1 knight and does a wound on my Lord.
o 1 Reaper crumbles.
o Sand scorpion does nothing to my barbarians and crumbles, I reform to face skeletons again.
o Spawns kills of the casket, taking 1 wound from a necropolis guard crew.
UD T4:
• Movement:
o Skeletons charge barbarians
o Necropolis guard charges warriors.
• Magic:
o Hierophant gets off Sands 6 on necro guard and raises back a reaper.
o Re-roll to wound goes off on reapers and they are now back to full health.
• Shooting:
o Spawns are killed by archers and horse archers
• Combat:
o Left knights and ogre blade lord does nothing to reapers and are wiped out in return.
o Skeletons do nothing to barbarians, take 7-8 wounds and crumble another 10 wound.
o Necro Guard wipes out warriors, taking a wound or so themselves and overrun into disc Lord.
WotDG T4:
• Movement
o Everything is in combat.
• Magic
o I roll Magic Flux 2 and get no channel. No spells go off.
• Combat
o Burning Blade Lord kills 3-4 Necro guard and loses 1 wound winning combat.
o Skeletons take 15 ish more wounds with crumbles.
UD T5:
• Movement
o Reaper move forward to have a flank charge on barbarians in last turn, can’t get close enough.
o Archers move forward so attribute shall have range to Necro guard.
• Magic
o Sands 6 goes off on necro guard again and the models I killed last turn are raised back.
• Combat
o Burning Blade lord does nothing to necro guard and takes a wound in return. Holds.
o Skeletons crumble to 2 remaining models.
WotDG T5:
• Magic:
o I roll 3 for Magic flux, nothing goes off.
• Combat
o Burning blade lord still does nothing to necro guard and is slain in return.
o Skeletons crumble and I reform so barbarians are out of charge range of reapers.

T6, archers move down to deny me 2nd objective, END GAME.
Summary:

I do a bad deployment and give him T1 aswell. This is a bad match up with so many Armour Piercing (6) attacks and spells. I don’t play that good and the dice really won’t cooperate either. In 3 rounds of combat my combat lord does 3 wounds together….
I mixed up the BB lord and the OB lord when I charged sand stalkers and reapers, I thought the BB lord went into the reapers. Mixed up in UB, my bad.

I outmaneuver myself so my spells doesn’t have range either. I think I simply put, did everything wrong in this game :P Dice spiking way down doesn’t make the job any easier either.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Kalerith
Juggernaut

Post by Kalerith » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:53 am

Spilte mot samme listen på UB jeg også i første kampen min. Syns ikke han var noe veldig flink, (eller det kan godt være han var det) men føltes som at han vant på at jeg gjorde feil i større grad enn at han outplaya meg.

Men fint rapport iallefall :)
Karl-Erik Hansen
Tournament Organizer:

-Drums of War

- Winterfall

ETC- 2016.
Team Norge - Orcs & Goblins
Ny kanal for kamprapporter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvnfmG6pYRFChFyeuwApAJg

Grayfox
Juggernaut

Post by Grayfox » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:45 pm

Veldig effektivt å bruke UB-loggen som rapport:)

Kjentes lista ut som potensiale da? Det er vel det viktigste spørsmålet?

Vestlandsfanden
Ghetorix

Post by Vestlandsfanden » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:16 pm

Går veeeeldig lenge mellom hver supergeneral, men få deg et slag mot Smithfamily på UB. Bedre spiller finner du ikke til ETC.

Legg gjerne inn nickname på hvem dere har spilt mot på UB, gjør det ofte mye lettere å vurdere slaget.

Kjekk lesnad!
"You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it!"
-RW-

Jeg er en sucker for en god come-back story

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:59 am

Jeg er ikke helt overbevist om at denne lista har helt det store potensiale. Dette er dog etter å ha prøvd den kun 1 gang så langt, så skal ikke kaste den forran bussen helt ennå.

Det jeg er redd for er at den er litt for sårbar for statistiske avvik med neste 50% i characters. Hvis terningene spiker feil retning på noen kast som på characters i combat og magic dice, så er det nok til å være fullstendig game breaking.

Jeg må få påpeke at Necro Guard er helt ville til 12p med paired weapons, poison, Lethal Strike og Hatred fra character til 70p med T5 :S Samme følelse med disse som dryader med matriach i forrige patch...

Denne spilleren het et eller annet med Gimligli eller noe sånt.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:33 am

2500p WotDG vs UD
UD Player: Getyrom

Battle line Deployment, King of the Hill 2nd Objective.
WoDG list:
Daemon Prince, Mark of Change, Lvl 4, Path of Wilderness ( Spells: 0, 1, 3, 6), Plate Armour, Third Eye of Change, Wildling blood, Hardened Shield, Obsidian Pebbel, Razor blade

Harbinger of Chaos, BSB, Manticore, Lance, Shield, Talisman of Supreme Shielding
Sorcerer, Lvl 2, Path of Shadow (Spells: 0, 4), Dispel scroll

2x5 Warhounds
6 trolls, mark of pestilence,
40 barbarians, FCG, Mark of Pestilence, Shields, Banner of Filth

2x Fallen Beast
5x Wasteland Knights, Standard

Hellcannon
2 Crusher Knights, Lances, Standard
UD list, approximately:
Death Cult Acolyte, Lvl 4, Path of Sands (Spells: 4,6), Ark of Ages
Tomb Harbinger, BSB
Tomb Architect

Min unit of Skeletons, Bows
4x5 Skeleton Riders, Bows

6 Shabties, FCG, Halberds, Warbanner
Maxed Necro Guard, FCG, Paired Hand Weapons, Swiftness
2x War Sphinx
3x Sand Stalkers, Ambush

Colossus, Gigant Bow
Deployment
I choose side, which I should have left to my opponent, and he get first turn be deploying his entire army. I would rather have first turn than choose deployment side.
Spawns, and Stalkers Ambush. Skeleton rider Scout.
T1:
UD:
- Architect grants 5+ Regen to Colossus
- Shooting kills a dog in the left unit.
- Colossus hit knights in the flank, but fail to wound.
WotDG
- HC scatters off right sphinx.
- I cast -1 M on right sphinx
- I do 3W on right sphinx with Wild 1.
- He dispel Wild 3 on right sphinx
- I fail to cast boosted shadow 4 on right sphinx for –T.
T2:
UD
- Shabties charge left dogs, I flee.
- They redirect to crushers, I hold as they need to roll a 11 to get in.
- Shabties fails and move 4” forward
- Horse rider charge right dogs, I hold.
- Stalkers ambush right in front of HC.
- Shabties get 5+ regen from Architect this round
- Stalkers kills the HC
- Colossus shoots knight in flank and kills 2 of them.
- Magic: 7,4
- I dispel shifting sands on trolls by some reason
- I end up scrolling divine judgement on crushers

WotDG

- Crushers charge shabties
- Trolls charge horses in the flank
- Magic: 11, 6
- He scrolls Wild 0 on crushers.
- I cast -2 WS on Necro Guard, should have chosen –M.
- I do 2W on stalkers with Wild 1
- Crusher rider do 4W and get 3W in return. Mount does squat. I was sure shabites was I2 so my both of my mounts could hit. End with a draw.
- Trolls kill off skeleton riders and reforms.

T3:

UD

- Necropolis Guard charges Trolls, I hold to protect my barbarians.
- Right sphinx charges barbarians on front.
- Left sphinx charges dogs, I hold as he needs 10 or so and fails the charge.
- Architect gives 5+ regen to right sphinx
- Magic: 8-4
- He fails to cast boosted divine judgement on DP.
- He fails to cast Curse of the Westerlies on barbarians
- Shooting kills the 2 remaining dogs.
- Lone crusher dies in combat to shabties.
- Trolls loose combat and break, Necro Guard does approx. 20 wound on Poison…. If the trolls had died the overrun would have missed the barbarians.
- Necro guard does a shitload of wound on barbarians.
- Sphinx is left alive with 1W after poison attacks from Barbarians.
- Sphinx kills shadow mage with normal attacks.

WotDG

- I’m out of time, but I wanted to test the Manticore hero against something and charge the necro guard.
- DP charges stalkers in the flank, he forgot to move them.
- Manticore charges necroguard in the front.
- Knight charge sphinx in the flank
- Magic: 8,4
- I cast wild 6 on DP and choose Manticore to get D3 wound.
- DP does 1 wound against stalkers, is multiplied into 3 and they crumble without doing anything in return.
- Poison barbarians do nothing to sphinx og necro guard but knight do the last wound on sphinx.
- Barbarians break and are run down by necro guard.
- Knight escapes
- Manticore escapes.
END GAME, I’ve g2g.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:

I need that first turn to use what magic and shoothing I have to do some damage before stalkers auto-kills my cannon and possibly other things.
Wild magic is good, but in this match up I would have had more use of Change magic and more damage spells. The attribute of wild is less usable for this army.

I do mistakes and feel I don’t really get the “hang” of UB yet. The knight unit is fine with lances, but crushers need those daemon weapons. They are in big trouble if they fail the charge and are left with S4. My miscalculation that shabites had I2 fucked up my plan. If they had broken through, I could possibly have reached his hierophant in T3.

I really don’t use the potiential in my DP, mantiore, trolls or knight in this game.
Pestilent palanquin on the lvl 2 should be considered. To up his survivability a little and get those 6 poison attacks in addition.

I basically need to learn how this army works. 1 game against a bad match-up isn’t really enough to see what it is good for!
Last edited by Ugrush on Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Vestlandsfanden
Ghetorix

Post by Vestlandsfanden » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:40 pm

Getyrom is solid opposition. Nice game.
-RW-

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:54 pm

2500p DH vs OK
OK Player: BadNewsBalls

Deployment: Battle line
2nd Objective: Break Through
DH list:
Dwarf King, War Throne, Runic Weapon (Might, Destruction, Craftsmanship),Runic Talisman (3x Shielding), 400p

Thane, BSB, 95p
Rune Smith, 2x Bound Spells, 80p

40 Dwarf Warriors, FCG, GW, 420p

10 Miners, GW, Standard, 130p
3x Steamcopter, Flame Culverine, 3x85p

Field Artillery, Organ Gun, 125p
Field Artillery, Organ Gun, Runic Crafted, 170p
2x Grudge Buster, 2x165p

Total: 2500p
OK List:
Great Khan, General, Khagadai’s Maul, Bluffer’s Helm, Divine Icon, Headhunter, 305p
Khan, BSB, Iron Fist, Yeti Furs, 155p
Shaman, Lvl 2, Butchery, Tome of Arcane Lore, 145p
Shaman, Lvl 2, Wilderness, Dispel Scroll, 165p
10 Tribesmen, FCG, Iron Fists, Heavy Armour, 384p
10 Tribesmen, FCG, Iron Fists, Heavy Armour, 384p
Kin-Eater, 90p
2x2 Yetis, 2x80p
6 Bombardiers, FCG, 340p
Sabretooth tiger, 40p
Frost Mammoth, 200p
Scratapult, 130p
This totalt out to 2428p, so I’m probably missing some details.
Deployment
I let my opponent choose side so I can deploy my entire army and get first turn.
Miners and Kin-Eater Ambushes
I get 3 grudges totally and select both tribesmen units and the bombardiers as I plan on removing the mammoth before it can get into combat.
I wasn’t that good at taking pictures for this report, sorry about that.
T1:
DH:
- I shuffle the general unit a little forward, my plan was to move the grudge buster ahead and couter the bombardiers early. Shuffeling the general unit made it impossible to get across with the buster.
- 2nd warriors block moves 1” forward to be close to ogres than the Organ gun.
- Gyrocopter fly up to lure yetis to the wrong corner of the table/failed charges. I misplace the right one on avg charges distance and later g2 flee from the two yetis.
- Magic 9,4. Metal and Resilience goes off on General unit.
- Left OG does 2W on the mammoth, right one does squat.
OK
- Yeti units charge Steamcopter, I elect to flee with the one I misplaced within avg. charge distance. I flee into the forest and take a wound on dangerous terrain :P Both units fail their charges.
- Tribesmen and mammoth moves up.
- Butchery 6 does 2w on left warrior unit
- He fails to cast no shooting on an OG
- Scratapult kills 1 warrior in the left unit
- Mammoth crew kills 3 warriors in the left unit
- Bombardiers does 1W on general unit thanks to Resilience.
T2:
DH
- Miners ambush on the left side of the Scratapult.
- I SR general unit so I can get my footprint around the corner of the building to face tribesmen units later turns. I also shuffle a bit forward to make space for the grudge buster.
- Magic: 7-4, I get off Metal and Resilience on General unit again
- OGs do 3w on Mammoth, now I’ve rolled a 6 for shots ¾ times so far!

OK

- Fails charges with both tribesmen units and the mammoth.
- Kin Eater ambush behind my warmachines in the left corner.
- Yeti units moves close to my general unit/grudge buster.
- Sabretooth moves to protect the rear of tribesmen from miners on later turns.
- Magic: 3-2. Fails to cast regen on mammoth.
- Mammoth crew shoots 2 warriors in the left unit.
- Bombardiers does 3W on the grudge buster!
T3:

DH

- Miners charge scratapult.
- I move gyrocopter up to be speedbump for left tribesmen unit as I want another round of shooting on them.
- I move my left grudge buster to counter the kin-eater.
- The other grudge buster lines up for a couter charge against a yeti unit threatening the flank of my general unit.
- Magic: 8-5. Resilience is dispelled from the first Rune Smith and Scrolled from the 2nd. Metal goes off on general block.
- Left OG kills the mammoth
- Right OG does 4w to right tribesmen unit.
- Miners takes 1 wound and kills the scratapult in return before reforming to face the Sabretooth.

OK

- Left Tribesmen charges speedbump copter
- Right tribesmen charge my general block but fails to roll sufficient. It was an avg+ charge.
- Yeti unit charges grudge buster, I flee. Yetis redirect into the flank of general’s block on a 10+ charge and get it.
- Kin-Eater charges grudge buster and takes a wound on Stand and Shoot.
- Bombardiers reforms to take out a steamcopter.
- Magic: 11-5.
- I dispel Raging Storm on OG.
- He fails to cast wild 0.
- He fails to cast regen
- Bombardiers kills steam copter
- Tribesmen kills copter with impact hits and reform.
- Kin eater does nothing, take a wound from grudge buster. Draw.
- Yetis’ kills a few warriors, but end up loosing by 1. They hold thanks to BSB.
T4

DH

- Miners charge sabretusk
- Grudge Buster charges yeti
- Magic: 5-4.
- Resilience goes off on general unit.
- Left OG does 4W on right tribesmen unit.
- Yetis dies to impact hits from grudge buster. Grudge buster overruns to make space for general block to reform into 5 wide.
- Miners kill sabretooth tiger and overrun unto the safety of the forest.
- Grudge buster grinds Kin-eater to death and reform to support warrior block next turn.

OK

- Tribesmen charges left warriors block
- Reduced tribesmen unit holds back.
- Yetis’ charge exposed grudge buster, which flees. They fail the charge.
- Bombadiers SR to take out another steamcopter
- Magic: 2-1. Fails to cast wild o on tribesmen in combat.
‘- Bombadiers kills another steam copter.
- Tribesmen does 4w on impact and 10w in combat including characters.
- My warriors with hatred does a 4-5 wounds in return, but hold on steadfast.
T5:

DH

- General’s block charges tribesmen in the flank.
- Grudge buster charges tribesmen in the flank
- Miners reform to be completely within the forest and secure that 2nd objective.
- Grudge buster rallies
- Magic: 6-4.
- Resilience goes off on the left warrior unit.
- Left OG does 3w on tribesmen.
- Right OG does 4w on the tribesmen.
- Grudge buster does 1 impact wound.
- Dwarf heroes do 1w to ogres.
- Tribesmen and characters does 5w to warriors.
- Clan Warriors does 5W to tribesmen.
- Dwarf King does a total of 10W!!! and clear out Tribesmen after D3 wound are multiplied.
- Tribesmen unit auto breaks and is ran down by grudge buster.
- General unit reforms to face remaining tribemen block.

OK player surrenders.

Conclusion:

I got my first turn as I wanted with this list. My opponent isn’t very experienced and bets on a few charges that are took long from my pont of view. The result is giving me 1-2 more round of shooting before he can get into combat.

Warriors with Hatred and GW, WS4, S5, T4 for 10p are rock solid as a core unit. I have a feeling this will be nerfed in the point cost patch which 1.0 is said to be.
Grudge busters impress me the most in this list. Those 3d3 grinding attacks may not seem that much, but it really hurts @S5. I do believe this unit will also be nerfed in 1.0 though.

As I have no scroll and miss some gear on characters. I guess 1 steam copter, the runic blessed upgrade on the 2nd OG and GW on miners will be dropped. I can get in Rune of Denial, Devouring a GW for the Thane and some better saves for him and the Rune Smiths that way. I might also look into the –D6 charge banner on the BSB or the 5+ ward vs shooting banner.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:40 pm

2500p DH vs EoS
EoS Player: fistandfurious
2nd Objective: King of the Hill
DH list:
Dwarf King, War Throne, Runic Weapon (Might, Destruction, Craftsmanship),Runic Talisman (3x Shielding), 400p

Thane, BSB, 95p

10 Miners, GW, Standard, 130p
3x Steamcopter, Flame Culverine, 3x85p

Field Artillery, Organ Gun, Runic Crafted, 170p
2x Grudge Buster, 2x165p

EoS List:
Prelate on War Altar
2x Engineer
Wizard, lvl 1, light (3)
Wizard, lvl 1, light (0, 6)tome of arcane lore
Wizard, lvl 1, wilderness (3), scroll
Witchunter
Captain, BSB, Relentless Banner
50 Heavy Infantry, Halberds, FCG
20 Heavy infantry, Standard
5x electoral Cavalry, musician, Lance
5x electoral Cavalry, musician, Lance
10 Imperial Rangers
40 Flagellants
2x Rocket Battery
Cannon
Arcane Engine, Arcane Shield
Arcane Engine, Arcane Shield
I didn’t get all the details on characters, but this totalt out to 2400p, so not much I missed.
Deployment
There is an bug in this picture, imperial rangers and swordsmen are not standing there, you can see in the following pictures.

I let my opponent choose side so I can deploy my entire army and get first turn.
He deploys in his own corner, barely within range with his own warmachines.
Miners ambush.

I get 2 grudges totally and select the flagellants and the halberdiers.

I thought I had done good with pictures this time, but still missed out a few.
T1:
DH:
- I shuffle the general unit a little backwards to I’m outside the range of most of his war machines.
- I shuffle the OG’s a little backwards as well.
- I move my copter to my own corner, so he cannot shoot them and/or gets cover from the cannon through the forest.
- I cast resilience on my general block
EoS
- His army stand still
- He miscasts on light 6 with 5 dice, kills 1 dwarf in the left block, cascades, kills 9 heavy infantry and that mage is gone.
- A rocket battery deviates off the left unit and does 1w on an OG.
- The cannon misses a grudge thrower due to cover.
T2:
DH
- Miners ambush do not show up yet.
- I shuffle a bit backward to have my entire army outside the range of his rocket batteries.
- I cast resilience on the general unit again
- No shooting, as my war machines are out of range.

EoS

- He moves both rocket batteries to have range later.
- Some units shuffles around to line up towards my corner
- He doesn’t cast any magic
- Cannon misses the grudge buster again
T3:

DH

- Miners ambush, on my corner’s short side of the table. I don’t want to give them away for free by ambushing on my opponents side of the table.
- I start lining up my units for a T5 long march to get 2nd objective.
- I cast resilience on my generals unit again.

EoS

- He moves a bit forward.
- Knight moves out on the left flank to threaten my miners.
- No magic
- Shooting still does nothing.

T4

DH

- My block start moving towards the centre of the table.
- OG’s are hiding behind the block to get cover from the cannon.
- My flying circus moves up to threaten his knight unit facing my miners.
- Miners wheel to face the knights.

EoS

- He moves his army towards the centre of the table as well.
- Wild 3 kills 3 warriors in the general unit.
- First rocket battery kills a few warriors.
- Second rocket battery deviates off OG and kills a Steam Copter instead
- The cannon misses again

T5:

DH

- Long march for both blocks
- Grudge buster lines up for knight charge next turn.
- No magic gets through.

EoS

- Knight fails charge against miners, needs an 11.
- Block move forward and reforms
- Distracting goes off on flagellants.
- Banishment kills 1 warriors in my generals unit.
- Thunderbolt kills 3 warriors in the left block
- Right rocket battery misfires and rolls a 1, even with engineer.

T6:

DH

- I charge the knights with the grudge buster, they flee 11”
- I move up both block to be just withing 6” of the center.
- I try to hide my gyros behind the hill from the cannon.
- He scrolls resilience on one unit and dispels on the other block.
- OG kills 2 flagellants

EoS

- Flagellants charge the block without general.
- BSB block with halberdiers and swordsmen blocks march to get within 6” of table center.
- Thunderbolt kills a copter
- Wild 3 does nothing to my general unit
- Rocket battery kills another copter
- Flagellants kills 16 warriors on the charge thanks to hatred from the war altar.
- Warriors does 8w in return and holds on steadfast.

END GAME, 10-10

Conclusion:

Not much happened in this game. My war machines have shorter range than his weapons and I go for minimizing his dmg output already from T1 in the game. I force him to move his war machines on several occasions, preventing his shooting, but also the odds of him misfiring.

I only move forward to prevent him from getting 2nd objective for free. I consider charging the flagellants in T6 with my warriors block, but I couldn’t kill them all in any way and would worst case get halberdiers and swordsmen in the flank and potentially loose the entire unit, my general, bsb and a runesmith.

I could have played this game more aggressively, but I felt the odds was against me in that case.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:37 pm

2500p DH vs BH
Player: Frederiko00

2nd Objective: Breakthrough
DH list:
Dwarf King, GW, Shield Bearers, Runic Armor (Bronze, Mountain, Resistance), 290p

Thane, BSB, GW, Runic Armor (2x Iron) 125p
Rune Smith, Shield, Gleaming, Resilience, 82p
Rune Smith, Shield, Runic Arcane Item (Denial), Metal, Resilience, 117p

37 Dwarf Warriors, FCG, Shield, 316p
37 Dwarf Warriors, FCG, Shield, 316p

10 Miners, Shields, Standard, 110p
2x Attack Copter, 2x 70p
2x Grudge Buster, 2x165p

BH List:
Centaur Chieftain, General, +1W, Lance, Shield, HA, TW, Looted Booze, Totem Bearer, Crown of the Horns, Dragonmantle, 232p
Gnarled Soothsayer, Lvl 4, Shadow (0,2,4,5), Book of Arcane Power, Dark Rain, Pillager Icon, 310p
Centaur Chieftain, BSB, Lance, Shield, HA, TW, Looted Booze, Totem Bearer, 197p
Soothsayer, Lvl 1, Death (0), Dispel Scroll, 105p
30 Mongrels, FCG, Spears, 175p
10 Mongrel Raiders, Scout and Ambush, 60p
9 Centaurs, FCG, Lance, Throwing Weapons, 202p
9 Centaurs, FCG, Lance, Throwing Weapons, 202p
6 Minotaurs, FCG, AHW, War Banner, 314p
Razortusk, 50p
Razortusk, 50p
Razortusk, 50p
Jabberwock, 125p
Jabberwock, 125p
Gortach, 200p

I’m sure I wrote down everything in the enemy’s army, but this only totals 2397p in army builder. He asked for a 2500p, so I guess he has miscalculated something.
Deployment
In the aftermath maybe I should have let him go first, to only get -1 on Deathrain and give him no charges in R1.
Miners ambush. Nothing of his ambushes.
I get 5 grudges totally and select, 2x Centaurs, 2x Jabber and the Minotaurs.
I forgot R4 picture apparently.
T1:
DH:
- I move copters forward to block direct razortusk charge to OGs
- Warrior blocks shuffles slightly forward to try to lure something to charge them.
- I should have moved the Left Grudge Buster slightly backwards to have arc on the razortusk that could charge the Left attack copter and bump.
- Magic 6-1:
- I get off resilience on the right attack copter
- I cast resilience on my general block, but is dispelled.
BH
- Middle pig charges the left attack copter
- Most of his army repositions to line up charges next turn.
- Magic: 12-4
- He casts Shadow 5 on my general block with 5 dice and get 20+ something.
I’m a bit unsure what to do, but I end up using my scroll.
- He casts -3S on Left Grudge Buster, I let it go as I don’t plan any charges with my next turn anyways.
- I dispel some totem effect on the left centaurs with the rest of my dice as he is out of dice.
- Right Centaurs does 1W with throwing weapons against the right attack copter with resilience buff
- Left Centaurs does 1W with throwing weapons on Left Grudge buster
- Razortusk does 1W against attack copter and get 1W in return, I hold.
T2:
DH
- Miners ambush, they show up behind the hill in enemy deployment zone to stay OLoS.
- General block charges the pig in front of it.
- Right grudge buster charges centaur general unit. It’s an avg. distance charge and I’d rather stall him with the buster and get impact hits than be charged by lances.
- Left grudge buster repositions to block right pig from charging the OG and limit the space available for the centaur unit doing the same.
- Right copter moves up to block the gorthach from charging the OG next turn as I gamble on the grudge buster to punch through the centaurs with a good roll for impact hits.
- Magic: 7-5
- I cast resilience on the left attack copter engaged in combat to keep holding up the pig.
- Resilience on the right grudge buster is dispelled
- Left OG does 6W on centaurs.
- Right OG does 3W on the gortach, less than avg. and expected.
- My general unit, bsb with GW and RS does squat to the Pig. My general hits with 4 attacks and does 1w before multiplication on 2+. End up doing 2W on the pig and he runs away, I choose to hold.
- Grudge buster kills 5 centaurs but takes 3W in return. The centaurs hold on steadfast Ld9.
- Left attack copter takes 1W from the pig and does nothing in return, holds.

BH

- BSB charge Left OG
- Left jabber charge Left grudge buster
- Gortach charges flank of right grudge buster
- Right Jabber charges right attack copter
- Minoes charge general block, I let him re-decide to the other block.
- BSB goes drunk
- Fleeing pig rallies
- Bunker moves up to have better range with spells.
- Magic: 10-6
- Totem: HT and MR 1 on the general unit engaged with the Grudge buster. I let it go to save my dice for a potential Shadow 5.
- -1T on the engaged dwarf block, I have to let this one go as well.
- I dispel miasma on the right OG.
- I dispel BSB Totem.
- I dispel totem on minotaurs, we both roll 6. This was really important to avoid minoes getting +1A and AP2
- Right Jabber kills attack copter and holds
- Gortach kills the grudge buster and overruns to line up for a perfect overrun for the general unit next turn.
- Left Jabber does 2W on left grudge buster, get 3W in return from grinding attacks.
- BSB kills the OG.
- Minotaurs does 15 ish wounds and takes 5 ish in return. I hold on steadfast. I save nothing on 6+ with 18 wounds and 1 wound on 5++ on 18 dice…

T3:

DH

- General block charges pig right in front of the block.
- Magic: 7-4
- He dispels resilience on the general unit
- He scrolls resilience on the left warrior block
- Right OG rolls a miserable 6 shots and does only 3 wounds to the jabber.
- Left Grudge buster kills the Jabber and reform to support warrior block next turn without getting centaurs and pig in the rear.
- left block takes another 10ish wounds and does 6ish in return. It still holds on steadfast and reform the lord out on the flank.
- General unit kills the pig and overruns into the gortach.

BH

- 2x Pigs charges the flank on the left block, furthers one fails the charge.
- Right jabber charges OG
- BSB re-enters his unit and moves up the flank
- General centaur unit also moves towards the left flank to be outside charge range of my block in next turn.
- Magic: 3-2
- He 1 dices miasma on my general block for -1 WS, I let it go in fear of the T test pie plate.
- L dwarf block still holds on steadfast with 1 Rank, he has none.
- Jabber kills the OG
- The gortach kills a few warriors but is killed by the dwarf king with d3 wounds and S8. I reform to face the jabber facing me.
T4

DH

- I charge the jabber with my general block.
- Magic: 7-6
- I cast resilience on both blocks but he dispels both. Poor dice rolls for me.
- Buster grinds the pig to death.
- King on shieldbearers kills the last minotaur.
- King on throne kills the jabber.

BH

- He moves his centaur units further towards my deployment zones.
Magic: 9-5
- He casts -2 T on the Grudge buster, I fail to dispel
- Shooting kills the grudge buster with throwing weapons from both centaur units.
END GAME, my opponent g2g.

Conclusion:

Currently it’s 11-9 to me, not sure it will change much. He might have a better change for scenario than me currently.

I should have given my opponent T1 to only get -1 to hit on Dark Rain and avoid R1 charges. If I had lined up my block to clip the front of anything blocking my OGs any pigs positioned there would have been sitting ducks and I could focus shooting on other things than pigs.

I messed up deployment a bit with putting my block too close to each other to charge wherever I wanted. Next time put on OG between them!
I really missed the devouring rune in this game, I would easily have used it on the T test spell in T1 instead of the scroll.

I also really missed that D3 wound on the other Dwarf king on the shieldbearers. +1 T, +1W and re-roll successful to wounds against me might be a bit overkill on him. I think I’d rather pay for only +1W and rather go for +1/2 S and possibly AP6 or more attacks. I will even strike at I4 in that case!

Having copter without the flame culverine had no real disadvantage in this game. Against armies like skaven, empire, OnG or any elves I would surely have wanted it.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:57 am

Det skal selvsagt stå I tests på shadow 5 spellen og ikke T som jeg har prestert å skrive :P
Kongsberg Tablewar

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:57 pm

2500p DH vs UD
Player: Palmu
Deployment: Flank Attack
2nd Objective: King of the hill
DH list:
Dwarf King, War Throne, Runic Weapon (Fury, Destruction, Craftsmanship), Runic Armour (Iron, Steel), 400p
Dwarf King, GW, Shield Bearers, Runic Armor (Iron), 290p

Thane, BSB, 95p
Rune Smith, Gleaming, Resilience, 80p
Rune Smith, Shield, Runic Arcane Item (Denial), Gleaming, Resilience, 117p

36 Dwarf Warriors, FCG, Shield, 308p
35 Dwarf Warriors, FCG, Shield, Flaming, 320p

10 Miners, Shields, Standard, 110p
1x Attack Copter, 75p
2x Flame Copter, 2x85p
Field Artillery, Catapult, 90p
Field Artillery, Catapult, Flaming, 95p
Grudge Machine, Flame Cannon, 105p
2x Grudge Buster, 2x165p

UD List:
Pharaoh, General, HA,Chariot, Scourge of Kings, Aspen Greatbow, Hardened Shield, Talisman of Shielding, Potion of Strength 312
Hierarch: lvl4, Sand, Soul Conduit, Arcane Power, Ring of Fire 325
Hierarch: lv3, Light, Dispel Scroll
Harbinger, BSB, HA, Lance, Chariot, Strider Standard, Enchanted Shield 209
Architect: Skeletal Horse 65
10 Chariots: FCG, Speedbanner 435
5 Skeleton Cavalry 65
18 Skeleton Archers: Standard, Musician 128
Battlesphinx 245
2x Sand Scorpion 170
3 Sand Stalkers: Champion, UA 180

2x Catapult 180
Deployment
My opponent makes me choose side. I choose defender, large middle, and he start deployment by deploying his entire army and get first turn.
I deploy my fliers so he can't scout in my deployment zone.
Miners ambush. Skeletons horsemen scouts and vanguards, stalkers ambush.
I get 4 grudges totally and select chariots, archers, sphinx and stalkers.
T1:
UD:
- He moves horse riders up close to my flame cannon.
- Sphinx moves up
- chariots reposition slightly
- Archers move a bit forward to have range with spells
- Magic: 10-6
- He casts magical move on sphinx
- He fails to cast light 0 because I’m dwarf :P
- He casts -2M on my copter
- Catapult misfires and cannot shoot for the rest of the game.
- 2nd catapult deviates off target
Image DH
- I double charge the horsemen with my blocks to keep the flame cannon alive.
- I fail a few DT tests on the block.
- I reposition all my flyers to cover as much of my deployment zone to charge ambushing stalkers in 2nd turn.
- Magic: 7-4
- I get off distracting on the left block as I expect him not too keen on fighting against my D3 wound lord with chariots.
- Flaming catapult misfires and cannot shoot anymore this game.
- 2nd Catapult fails to wound sphinx with direct hit.
- I reposition blocks so they can support regardless of which he chooses.
T2:
UD
- Chariot unit charges my generals block, I’m pretty confident this should be no problem.
- Neither stalkers or tomb scorpion ambush.
- Magic: 9-6
- I dispel righteous smiting, fails to dispel time warp (6 dice vs 12 to cast…) and scroll cursed blades.
- He gets off desert wind on the sphinx
- Catapult deviated off target again.
- Pharaoh drinks strength pot and directs his attacks against my general. With hatred, Scourge of Kings and Time Warp he does exactly 6W after 7 6+ saves with a re-roll. It's the first time anyone have ever killed my characters in combat, but I didn't expect the pharaoh to do it!
- 4D6 impact hits kills off 19 dwarves.
- I do 1w totally and loose combat.
- I break as I’m 1 model short of being steadfast, he does not pursuit but reforms to face my other block.

DH

- Buster charges the rear of the sphinx
- I line up a double bump/flee with my copters.
- The block backs up to charge next turn.
- Miners ambush next to alive catapult.
- Fleeing unit rallies and reform to be in front of both sphinx and flank of chariots.
- Flame copter flies up to threaten archers.
- Magic: 3-3, nothing goes off
- Catapult does 4W to stalkers.
- Flame cannon does 12W on chariots, nice!
- Grudge buster does 2W but the sphinx kills me back, didn’t expect that.
- Sphinx reform to be in the flank of the little block.

T3:

UD

- Chariots charge my copter, I hold for some reason thinking he will bump the second copter. I should have done a double flee.
- Sphinx charges the smaller block of warriors, in the flank now :S
- Scorpion and Stalkers ambush.
- Magic: 5-5, no magic goes through.
- Catapult deviates off target again
- Stalkers kill the copter threatening the archer unit.
- Chariot kills the copter it charged and overrun into the next one.
- Sphinx kills of some dwarves, they fails to stand on ld 5 and are run down.

DH

- Block charges
- Miners charge catapult.
- Buster moves closer to the close combat corner to try and get away from stalkers. He should have moved towards them instead, shot them and hopefully charged them next turn.
- Magic: 5-5, nothing goes through.
- Miners kill catapult and reform to face sand scorpion.
- My King takes 2W, 1W on the copter and 2 dwarves dies.
- Chariot unit is wiped out in combat.
- General crumbles 3W and BSB crumbles 2W.
T4

UD

- Sphinx charge flame copter
- Lower Tomb scorpion lines up for a rear charge on the block next turn.
- Upper scorpion fails to charge miners.
- Stalkers move to shoot buster.
- Magic: 8-6
- I dispel sands 0 to prevent healing on characters.
- He miscasts on Sands 3, heals harbinger, takes a wound on architect and kills 7 archers.
- Stalkers does 2W on the buster with shooting.
- Sphinx kills flame cannon and reforms to
- My general kills his pharaoh after he fails to wound me in a challenge, BSB kills a few dwarves and doesn’t crumble thanks to BSB banner.

DH

- Buster faces stalkers
- I try a long charge against scorpion with miners but fail.
- Magic: 8-5, resilience goes through on the warrior block.
- Tomb harbinger BSB does nothing to me and crumbles.
- I reform to face scorpion and sphinx.

T5:

UD

- Sphinx and scorpion charges the block.
- Scorpion charges miners again and get in this time.
- Stalkers move to close range of buster
- Magic: 8-7
- He casts banishment on the copter and does 1w
- Rest is dispelled
- Sphinx kills a dwarf or so
- Tomb scorpion does the same.
- Sphinx takes 2W in return. No crumbling thx to construct rules.

DH

- Magic: 3-3, nothing goes in.
- Sphinx takes 1W from the king and dies.
- Miners does 2W to scorpion and he crumbles.
- END GAME, we agreed that nothing else happened in T6 than scorpion dying as I deviated off the catapult with mine.

Conclusion:

UD takes scenario making it a 12-8 to him, it was a 11-9 to me when we were done counting points.

I lose this game already in my deployment and at the end of T1:

- My copter should all be deployed next to my block to setup a double flee/bump from his chariot unit already in T2 to prevent those S6 impact hits.

- Both catapults should have shot chariot unit, as he needs full ranks to get bonus strength on impact hits, to reduce the strength on impact hits to 5 atleast.

- If I had positioned my throne king to the far right in the unit after reforming in T1 I would have full attack force with him. Statistically he should alone have done 8W alone and my unit would have been steadfast and the 2nd unit would charge his flank full force in T2.

- I use too much effort on blocking the stalkers from ambushing my warmachines instead of pushing all my flies to take out his archers bunker.

I think I pulled things together quite good after suffering a major loss of 1000p in T2, but if I had done 2/4 things listed correctly this should have been more of a walk in the park.

UD is a better matchup for dwarves than WDG, but stalkers are still a problem for me.

I like this warmachine setup better that 2x OG. Character load out works, but this one time I missed my 4++ on the throne general ofc...
Copters are good, but I don't use them properly this game.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Vestlandsfanden
Ghetorix

Post by Vestlandsfanden » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:22 pm

a) Dwarf King, GW, Shield Bearers, Runic Armor (Iron), 290p? Ser ut som feil pris? Skulle du ikke hatt et helikopter til?
b) Åssen fikk Faraoen deg ned på en 6+? Har han ikke S5 base og +2 styrke fra styrkedrikk? Det er i så fall en 5+ rerollable.
c) Ofre et lite helikopter og skyt. Gjenta. Charge ->GG.
d) Du må støtte blokkene dine med helikopterne, men trenger ikke stå så klemt ned i et hjørne ofte. I dette slaget tror jeg du kunne ha stått slik at vognene hans må charge i en ruin om de vil nå frem. Da dør det jævla mye vogner.
-RW-

Return to “Battle report”