Deployment: Battle Line
2nd Objective: Breakthrough
Dwarf King, War Throne, Runic Weapon (Fury, Destruction, Craftsmanship), Runic Armour (Steel, Iron), 400p
Rune Lord, Runic Arcane Item (Denial, Brilliance), Runic Bound Spells (Gleaming, Resilience, Oaths, Reckoning) 215p
Thane, BSB, Runic Banner of Shielding, 140p
Engineer, Forge Repeater, Shield, 77p
Engineer, Forge Repeater, Shield, 77p
40 Dwarf Warriors, FCG, GW, Flaming Banner, 440p
10 Dwarf Warriors, Standard, Musician, Shield, Throwing Weapons, 100p
10 Dwarf Marksmen, Standard, Musician, Shield, Crossbows, 140p
10 Miners, Pistols, Standard, 120p
1x Steam Bomber, 105p
2x Flame Copter, 2x 85p
Field Artillery, Catapult, 90p
Field Artillery, Catapult, Flaming, 95p
2xGrudge Buster, 2x165p
Avatar of Nature, Impalign Roots, Oaken Crown
Dryad Matriach, Lvl 2, Wilderness (0, 3)
Dryad Matriach, Lvl 2, Wilderness (0, 1)
Thicket Shepherd, BSB
30 Dryads, FCG
30 Dryads, FCG
8 Thicket Beasts, FCG
Treefather, Impaling Roots
He choose side and I want him to begin deployment. He deploy in a corner “hinding” behind the building.
I want to intercept his thicket beasts with my flaming block in his flank to prevent him from taking scenario.
I deploy flyers evenly around me to get eagles first of all.
He get first turn as he deployed the rest of his army at a point and got +3 to start.
Grudges: 2x Dryads, Thicket Beasts and Avatar of War
- He move his army forward.
- Magic 9-6: He fails boosted redwood shaft on 5 dice. He fails swarm of flies with the rest of his dice.
- I reposition flyer to take out eagles and to march over his units next turn.
- Blocks remain in position.
- Magic 4-2: I cast resilience on the Steam Bomber hiding behind the house.
- Catapult kill 1 dryad combined.
- Marksmen do 2W on the eagle. Busters fluff.
- He moves his units up to a potential charge range on my units.
- Eagles move up to threaten catapults next turn.
- Magic 5-2: I dispel redwood shaft on a bomber. I spend my scroll on swarm of flies on the same bomber. This was really no point as a treefather would kill in anyway.
- Shooting from a treefather kill the bomber…
- I move the big block and the small warrior unit back to lessen the possibility of charges getting in already.
- Copters reposition to catch eagles and fly over dryads next turn, he didn’t move as far as I hope for.
- One copter is positioned to re-direct the charge of a dryad block.
- Marksmen remains “close” to treefather to lure him into charging them. I plan to cast stubborn on them if I get decent magic flux.
- Engineer repositions to shoot eagle.
- Magic 2-2: He dispel stubborn on the Marksmen as this is not enough dice to really spike anything.
- Catapult does 3W on the treefather threatening my Marksmen.
- Flame Copter does 4W to the dryads.
- Buster cannot wound the eagle which already has 2W. Engineer + buster kill the unhurt eagle however.
- Treefather charges marksmen. He get in on a 10+ roll. S&S does nothing against him.
- Eagle fails charge against the catapult.
- Dryads charge Flame copter.
- Units move up to threaten my blocks.
- Magic 6-6: I dispel redwood shaft
- Avatar and Treefather does 2W combined on the Flame Copter to the left.
- Treefather does 6W to the Marksmen, 5 of them on Stomp! They break but get away from him.
- The big block reform to horde formation facing his units coming in from my left.
- Small warriors move up to block off the charge of some of those units.
- Flame Copter moves into the middle of his units to flame some thicked beasts. I didn’t wanna risk DT when I only had 1W left in the forest. I would have preferred to use it to block the dryads.
- Busters reform to face the treefather.
- I throw the Engineer in front of the Treefather to prevent him from charging my big block in the rear.
- Magic 10-6: I get off resilience, distracting and stubborn on the small warriors.
- Shooting kills the eagle.
- Buster + engineer do nothing to treefather. With flaming weapons giving re-roll to wound I hope I could do at least out 1 wound to him and kill him.
- Flaming Catapults does 8W to Thicket beasts.
- Treefather charges Engineer, he suffers 1W from S&S.
- Treekin charge warriors.
- Right Dryads move up to threaten the flank of my warriors in horde formation
- Avatar and Treefather move up /position to kill Flame Copter.
- Magic 11-6: He casts Wild 0 on the Thicket Beasts with an insane roll. I have to let it through, really should have had my scroll now. He casts Wild 0 on the dryads, which I dispel. I dispel swarm on the copter.
- Avatar kills the Copter with shooting.
- Treefather kills the engineer and overruns into the marksmen.
- Right Grudge buster charges the flank of the right dryads, need 7+.
- Main block charges the dryads, which are not buffed, need 6+.
- They both fail their charges, this is where I lost this game.
- Buster #2 charge the Treefather in the flank.
- Magic: 6-6: I get off resilience on the big block.
- Catapults deviate off left Thicket Beasts.
- Buster suffers 3W in CC from Treefather but takes 4W in return, dead.
- 2x Dryads, thicket beasts and Treefather charge the main block.
- Flank dryads fail their charge into my flank!
- Magic 9-6: He casts Wild 0 on the Dryads. He rolls poorly on the casting, but I roll even worse with more dice. I dispel Wild 0 on the Thicket Beasts.
- Forget to use me flaming banner!
- I loose combat but I’m steadfast with 1 models more than I need and hold.
- I charge the buster into the flank of the dryads again and get in this time.
- Magic 10-5: I get off distracting and stubborn on the big block. He dispel resilience on them.
- I use my flaming banner this time, suffers more wounds but hold on stubborn.
- Buster kills 6 dryads, they hold thanks to bsb re-roll.
- Magic 3-2. Nothing goes in.
- My big block breaks and escapes pursuit without running off the table.
- Buster kills a few more dryads, but they hold on steadfast.
- My big block rallies.
- Catapults deviate off Avatar of Nature
- Buster kills a few more Dryads, still holding on steadfast.
I’ve lost scenario, I’ve lost 1600p while I’ve taken approx. 400p of his.
Result is a 19-1 to him including scenario.
- I felt this game was going quite good until both Grudge Buster and the big block both failed their charges and broke the game for me.
- The big block should also have charged the Thicket Beasts instead. On an avg. roll with re-roll to hit and re-roll to wound from flaming banner my unit would have killed his unit and my general would have killed his BSB. This is with avg. rolling, with Wild 0 buff and after casualties to my unit first. Afterwards I could have reformed and faced the left Dryads as the buster held up the other Dryad unit. This charge would also have been auto since I had a champion.
- Scenario would worst case be a draw as miners were standing in his zone already from T3 just waiting.