Ugrush sin 9th log, #14 2500p DH vs UD

Her kan vi poste battle reports du vil dele med andre

Moderators: zuhlmatul, Grayfox, Kalerith

Ugrush
Thorn

Re: Ugrush sin 9th log, #7: 2500p DH vs UD

Post by Ugrush » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Gear er korrekt, jeg har bare glemt å oppdatere prisen han etter å ha fjernet de dyre tanke runene.

Jeg har 5 flygere, 1 attack +2 flaming +2 grudge busters, en mer enn i Bergen.

Farao har S5 base og +2 fra pot. S7 og våpnet hans gir AP1 som gir meg -5 og 6+ save. med re-roll.

Helt enig ang bruk av coptere som jeg skriver i konklusjonen.

BSB og dermed også vognene hadde Strider banner, så ruinen var helt ufarlig for dem. 3 av dem var i en ruin når han charget general blokka mi.
ETC 2016 - T9A Dwarven Holds
ETC 2018 - T9A Infernal Dwarfs - Kaptein
Kongsberg Tablewar

Vestlandsfanden
Ghetorix

Post by Vestlandsfanden » Sun May 01, 2016 6:31 pm

Right! Jeg synes ellers at Palmu er bra standard for matching. Ikke et ess, men bra call på greiene. Godt jobba ^^
"You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it!"
-RW-

Jeg er en sucker for en god come-back story

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Fri May 06, 2016 9:22 pm

2500p DH vs HBE
Player: Nopuiidorl

Deployment: Diagonal
2nd Objective: Breakthrough
DH list:
Dwarf King, War Throne, Shield, Runic Weapon (Fury, Destruction, Smashing), Runic Armour (Steel), 415p
Rune Lord, Runic Arcane Item (Denial, Brilliance), Runic Bound Spells (Gleaming, Resilience, Oaths, Reckoning) 215p

Thane, BSB, Runic Banner of Shielding, 140p
Engineer, Forge Repeater, Shield, 77p

40 Dwarf Warriors, FCG, GW, Flaming Banner, 440p
15 Dwarf Warriors, Standard, Shield, Throwing Weapons, 135p
14 Dwarf Warriors, Standard, Shield, Throwing Weapons, 126p

10 Miners, Shields, Standard, 110p
2x Steam Bomber, 2x105p
1x Flame Copter, 85p

Field Artillery, Catapult, 90p
Field Artillery, Catapult, Flaming, 95p
2x Vengeance Seeker, 2x 60p
Grudge Buster, 165p

Total: 2500p
HBE List:
Prince, Ancient Dragon, Wizard Hood (Heavens: 0, 3), Lucky Shield, Fleshrender, Dispel Scroll,

Noble, BSB, Lion Chariot, Daemon Hunter’s Helm, GW, Shard of Ceryn, Dragonfire gem,
Mage, lvl 2, Heavens (2,5), Book of Meladys

25 Citizen Spears, FCG, Relentless Banner,
2x5 Elein Reavers, Bows, Mount’s Protection (5+)
5 Highborn Lancers, Mount’s Protection (5+)

30 Lion Guard, FCG, Stalker’s Standard
Eagle

11x Grey Watchers,
3x Sea Guard Reaper, Multishot
Deployment
My opponent chooses side and I begin deployment.
I deploy to block off my deployment zone for his scouts and copter oLoS of his Bolt throwers as good as I can.
He finished up when I’ve positioned my block and he get +3 to begin.
He get’s first turn.

Miners ambush.
Grudges: Prince, BSB and Spears. I have no intention of fighting those Lion guard in CC.
T1:
HBE:
- Spears spend their Icon of Relentless Company.
- Reavers position to charge upper catapult.
- Everything else moves up basically.
- Magic: 12-6: The only thing I can’t let through this turn is blizzard on my catapults.
- I fail to dispel blizzard with 4 dice vs 10 to cast……
- Stars align is cast on a bolt thrower (BT)
- Thunderbolt kills the closest vengeance seeker
- Shooting kills 1 warriors in total, Runic banner has already saved it’s points!

DH:
- I move upper copter to block 1 reaver unit and flame them.
- My main block moves up on the hill to be within LoS for lancers and see over the hill next turn.
- I move 2 copter to line up a double flee in front of my main block
- Little warriors move to the bottom right corner out of threat for Lancers.
- VS Positions to charge lancers if they move past copters.
- Other little block positions to lure dragons into the general block.
- Grudge Buster moves up to threaten reavers if they fluff on the charge vs catapult.
- Engineer lines up to shoot reavers.
Magic: 9-7. Distracting goes off on the front copter ahead of my main block. Resilience is dispelled on the upper little block.
- Flame Copter kills 2 reavers.
- Engineer kills 2 reavers in the other unit.
- Catapult hits dragon and spends lucky shield.
- 2nd catapult can’t shoot, rolls 3 on blizzard,
T2:
HBE

- Reaver units charges catapult and steam copter.
- Bombers double flee from lancers, he moves 6” forward to be within avg. charge range of my main block!
- Rest of his army moves up for shooting/more magic.
- Magic: 4-2. Stars align on reavers. Miscast, I let it through for the off chance of cascading the dragon! He rolls 7 on the table ofc…
- Watchers shoot at Engineer, does nothing.
- BT does 2W on Grudge Buster.
- 2nd BT does 1W on engineer.
- Catapult dies, reavers reform to face engineer.
- Flame Copter takes 2W, loses combat, breakes, but escapes the pursuit.

DH

- Engineer charges the reavers that killed his catapult.
- GB charges the closest reavers, they flee and run of the table. He re-directs against the other reaver unit and get in.
- Big block charge highborn lancers, they flee off table.
- I rally copters and reposition small blocks.
- Miners do not show up.
Magic: 7-4: Distracting goes off on the little block. Stubborn and resilience is dispelled on them.
- Catapult does 5W to the dragon!!!

T3:

HBE

- Dragon charges member behind the block, flee, panics other copter. Both stay on the table :S
- Dragon redirects to the little block, they flee. I wanna shoot him more times. Dragon fails charge, moves 4” or so.
- Magic: 9-5: I scroll a high roll blizzard on the catapult. I dispel thunder storm.
- GW does 2W on Grudge Buster, fails 2 saves on 3+.
- BT kills Grudge Buster.
- BT does 2W on the big block.

DH

- No charges. Miners show up, behind forest but with LoS to 3x BT.
- Copters and warriors rally. I should have face warriors away from the dragon to get it into enemy deployment zone and win scenario later.
- I reform general block to take a potential charge from the dragon next turn.
- Copter and engineer lines up to shoot the eagle.
- Magic: 7-6: Distracting and Resilience goes off on big block. Stubborn goes off on little block the the right.
- Flamer does 1W on Eagle, Engineer does 1W on Eagle.

T4

HBE

- Eagle charges Catapult.
- Grey Watchers moves closer to Engineer.
- Spears, lions and BSB moves up.
- Magic: 8-4: Lightning storm goes off on VS, jumps warriors and stops. It does 1W on VS and 5w on warriors.
- GW does 1W on flame copter and kills it.
- BTs does 5W on Miners.
- Eagle does 1w to catapult and is killed in return.

DH

- I move up copter to try and double bomb the spears to have 1 less scoring unit to deal with. I should rather have saved these points as they just end up being shot by the BT’s.
- I start to move units into enemy deployment zone for scenario.
- Magic: 9-5 Distracting goes through on the left copter. Resilience on it is dispelled.
- Catapult deviates off BSB chariot and kills 8ish spearmen.
- Engineer kills 2 grey watchers with his gun.

T5:

HBE

- Units shuffle around, lions and spear are already inside my deployment zone.
- Grey Watchers moves away from engineer, he was dangerous apparently :P
- BSB hides a majority of his base from the Catapult.
- Magic: 6-3: I dispel lightning storm. He fails to cast thunderbolt.
- Grey watchers kills the engineer.
- 3x BT does 4W on Miners

DH

- I move my copters across the BSB, but sweeping attack does nothing. Far out and really no point.
- General’s unit moves towards enemy deployment zone.
- Magic: 11-6: Distracting on big block, resilience I dispelled.
- CT scatters off BSB again.
T6:

HBE
- No charges, BSB chariot moves closer to catapult by some reason.
- Magic: 10-6: Thunderbolt kills the first copter as a fail to dispel on what should have been a really easy roll, but end up wasting my DD instead. Lightning storm and attribute does 2w on the 2nd copter.
- BT kills lone miner
- BT kills copter with 1W left.

DH

- No charges, I move into his deployment zone.
- No magic, no range.
- Catapult deviates off BSB again.

END GAME:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:

Scenario is a draw, stupid of me not to send the 3rd unit into his deployment zone earlier and get me the scenario.

End result is 13-7 to me. I gave away both steam bomber completely unnecessary in T5+T6. I should have pulled this one off for a 14-6, becoming a 17-3 after scenario.

- I missed my 2nd grudge buster, I think.
- Runic banner is easily in
- Rune Lord is much better for both casting and dispel, more predictable. With only 1 big block it didn’t feel like I was missing the 2nd set of gleaming/resilience.
- Vengeance Seekers didn’t do anything, but not to be expected against a shooting list either maybe? I will drop 1 VS and a few warriors to get the 2nd grudge buster in.
- Not so sure about the miners. In many situations they just get shot or killed off without doing too much/anything. Against a gunline army or war machines they are great though.
- Engineers with 3+ AS and Forge Repeaters are nice. Re-roll to hit with catapults, entrench on the war machine and a gun to protect it from chaff with. Both guys easily worth their points.
- King build seems good, he didn’t want to charge me and I can understand that when I on avg. kills the prince with dragon before the dragon can hit me back.

Nice game, I like this build much better and I’m slowly learning how this flying circus works.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Grayfox
Juggernaut

Post by Grayfox » Fri May 06, 2016 10:31 pm

Nice!

Liten, men viktig detalj: kunne du plukket vekk lucky shield med noe annen småskyting så du slapp å "bruke opp" et katapultskudd i første runde?

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Sat May 07, 2016 9:17 am

Meget godt poeng, det har jeg faktisk ikke tenkt på. Jeg kunne skutt med et copter elns selvsagt.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Vestlandsfanden
Ghetorix

Post by Vestlandsfanden » Sun May 08, 2016 2:36 pm

13-7 og 16-4 om du hadde målt litt nøyere. Bra det. Endel å hente på deployment - særlig nordvest flanken din ble stående litt åpen.

Vengance seeker i skogen kan med fordel stå mye lenger bak?

Hva med en dvergeunit med kastevåpen like ved kastemaskinene?
-RW-

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Mon May 09, 2016 7:35 am

Seekeren var det første jeg satte ut og den kunne helt klart stått lengre bak.
Tanken min var å ha han i skogen for å stacke hard target og soft cover ettersom han kom til å bli skutt på. Samtidig blokket jeg det hjørnet av sonen min for scouts. Han kunne nok kanskje gjort noe med den ene reaver enheten hvis han hadde vært lengre bak :)

En warriors enhet burde helt klart beskyttet den øverste steinkasteren for å kunn tatt ut dragen ennå tidligere og kunne straffer hans scoring units i nærheten i stedet.

Jeg spilte et slag mot VC på fredag som gikk ganske bra, rapport kommer ila dagen/kvelden.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Vestlandsfanden
Ghetorix

Post by Vestlandsfanden » Mon May 09, 2016 8:16 am

Nice! Jeg har slag mot Kyrre idag.
-RW-

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Mon May 09, 2016 5:39 pm

2500p DH vs VC
Player: fedeb77

Deployment: Flank Attack
2nd Objective: Capture Standards
DH list:
Dwarf King, War Throne, Shield, Runic Weapon (Fury, Destruction, Smashing), Runic Armour (Steel), 415p
Rune Lord, Runic Arcane Item (Denial, Brilliance), Runic Bound Spells (Gleaming, Resilience, Oaths, Reckoning) 215p

12 Dwarf Warriors, Standard, Shield, Throwing Weapons, 108p
10 Dwarf Warriors, Standard, Shield, Throwing Weapons, 90p

10 Miners, Shields, Standard, 110p
1x Attack Copter, 75p
2x Flame Copter, 2x 85p

1x Vengeance Seeker, 60p
2xGrudge Buster, 2x165p

Total: 2500p
VC List:
Vampire Count, General, Lvl 2, Necromancy (0,1), Strigoi, Curse of the Blood, Ogre Blade, Dispel Scroll, Holy Icon

Vampire Courtier, Lvl 2, Necromancy (0,2), BSB, Strigoi, Talismans of Supreme Shielding, Pot of Strength, Blessed Sword
Necromancer, Lvl 2, Fire (0, 5, 6), Ring of Fire, Tome of Arcane Lore
3x Banshee

20 Zombies, Standard
50 Skeletons, FCG, Flaming, Shields
40 Skeletons, FCG, Shield
2x5 Dire Wolves

10 Black Knights, FCG

5 Winged Reapers, Paired Weapons
Deployment
I get to choose side and select to be the defender, the large middle at least, and the lower side. In a best case scenario he will spilt his army since the units are so long. Alternatively I can deploy in the opposite “corner” to get as many shots off as possible. When my opponent only has 2 chaff units my engineers and copter can handle those without any trouble.

He finished up his deployment quite early granting him +6 to get first turn.

My opponent selects my 3 warriors blocks for scenario. I choose zombies, black knights and the smallest skeleton unit.

Miners ambush, I think they have a fair shot to get me the zombie units banner!

Grudges: Reapers and 2x Skeleton units. He will most likely keep his characters with the skeletons and I want hatred against both blocks.
T1:
VC:
- His wolf units move up towards my catapults.
- His army advances, I expected him to move further.
- Magic: 3-2 I dispel Fireball and Ring of Fire.

DH:
- My blocks reposition slightly.
- I reposition my copters/busters and move engineers to shoot/face wolves.
- The left Buster lines up for a potential flank charge on the Barrow Knights (BK) if they advance too much, making sure I’m oLoS of them.
- The Vengance Seeker (VS) also lines up oLoS of the BK behind the hill.
- Magic: 10-6: 2 Copter kills the left unit of dogs. 1 Dog survives in the 2nd unit. He’s properly blocked for charging anything next turn.
- Catapults kills 1 BK combined. I should rather have shot the Reapers as the BK will just be raised with the attribute later anyways.

T2:
VC

- No charges
- His army advances more, still slower than I expected. Zombies still hides behind the hill in his zone.
- Magic: 6-3: He fails to cast fireball, I dispel Ring of Fire, hellish grace is cast on the bunker and raises the BK I killed.
- Banshees kill the VS with their shooting attacks.

DH

- The buster is now in the front arc of the BK and I move out oLoS again instead of taking the charge. If they don’t crumble he has potential support units that will take out the buster in his round. I put myself at a very long charge range for the reapers and plan to hold and see them fail the charge.
- Miners show up right behind the zombies and with all other threats well out of range!
- One flame marches to be in between his block. I regret this move as it will just be killed by the Banshees next turn.
- The attack copter moves back to support my blocks once he get close enough.
- Right copter and buster repositions to take out the dog on the right.
- Magic: 10-6: I cast resilience on the right small block. Not much to use my magic for this turn.
- Flame copter does 4W to the dog unit. Engineer and Buster fails to hit the lone dog. Thankfully I lined up engineer and copters in case this should happened and he is quite blocked where he stands.
- One catapult get a partial hit on the skeletons and kills 5 ish of them.

T3:

VC

- Reapers charge the Grudge Buster, I decide to hold, but fail terror. It flees 10” and move just off the table.
- The lone dog moves closer to my catapult.
- Zombies reform to face the miners.
- Non-bunker skeleton block reforms to face my copter.
- Banshees move into the unit facing my copter.
- His general block fails the marching tests and moves 4” instead, suits my just fine.
- Magic: 8-6: I dispel Ring of Fire. I dispel re-roll to wound on Banshee unit. I scroll 2d6 Fireball against the copter, which is really ridiculous as Banshees easily kills it with their shooting anyways.
- The Banshees kills the copter with shooting.

DH

- Miners charge the zombies.
- Flame copter and engineer is ready to kill the lone dog.
- Buster repositions to support the bunker the coming turns.
- Left warriors block reforms to protect the catapult from the BK.
- Attack copter positions to an overrun for the BK will take them off the table.
- Magic: 10-6. Resilience is dispelled on the left block. Distracting and stubborn goes through on the same unit.
- The engineer kills the lone dog.
- The attack copter does 1W to BK.
- Catapults get a direct hit and a partial on the bunker and kills 15 ish skeletons.
- Miners does 7W on the charge, take none in return. 9 Zombies crumbles and they are 4 left for his turn. Nothing can threaten them next turn and 1 standard is mine for scenario.

T4

VC

- BK charges the attack copter. I say hold, should have chosen Stand and Shoot ofc.
- Reapers turns around to face Miners.
- His block advance towards mine.
- Magic: 9-6: I let through Hellish Grace on his big block and he raised back the BK again :P I dispel Fireball and Ring of Fire.
- BK kills the attack copter in combat and reforms instead of going off the table.

DH

- I resposition my bunker to take the charge from either of his units to the front.
- I throw the closest engineer in front of his BK to setup a double flee move.
- Buster lines up to punch those knight hard in next turn along with the big block if needed.
- Miners back up to get as much distance between themselves and the Reapers. They actually get outside avg. charge distance of the Reapers.
- Magic: 11-6: He dispel distracting on the engineer. Resilience on the engineer goes through and reckoning on the little block goes through.
- Catapults thin out the bunker unit killing 10-15 ish skeletons again.
- Grudge buster tries to kill some BK, but can’t hit through all the cover.

T5:

VC

- Reapers charge the miners, I hold, but once again fail terror and run off the table…
- BK charges the Engineer, he flees and manages to panic the warriors. Both he and the unit moves past the Grudge Buster, but nothing else panics. The BK redirect into the General’s unit.
- Bunkers keep advancing.
- 2xBanshees and 2x Vampires switch to the bigger and safer unit.
- 1x Banshee moves closer to threaten my Flame Copter.
- Magic: 9-5: I dispel re-roll to wound on the BK. He gets off Fire 6 with 5 dice on the Riders with Overwhelming power. This is the time I should have used my scroll in this game, not on the lousy fireball at the copter. He rolls 7 on the miscast table, takes a wound on the necromancer and kills a few skeletons.
- Banshee can’t hit the copter.

This picture was taken a bit into my T5, as you see the buster and copter have already charged.

DH

- Buster and copter charges the BK.
- Warriors rally safe behind the big unit.
- Magic: 5-3: Reckoning goes through on the big unit. Distracting goes through on the copter.
- Catapults kill off more skeletons off both units.
- BK do 1 W, I do 4W and he crumbles to death from static.
- Buster overruns to I can reform the bunker unit.
- I reform to face his inbound bunker unit with king positioned to be in contact with atleast 1 Vampire then he charges me.

T6:

VC
- His bunker charges mine.
- Magic: 11-6. He fails to cast Fireball and Ring of Fire. He fails to cast Fire 6. I dispel re-roll to wound.
- BSB uses his pot and strikes the unit kills some dwarfs.
- General strikes the unit and kills some more dwarfs.
- My generals kills his general and 1 banshee.
- My unit kills his champion and some skeletons.
- I lose but I’m steadfast and hold.

We agreed this game is over now and that he will lose the unit engaged. He takes his crumbles tests and I shoot my catapults on the skeleton unit unengaged.

END GAME

Conclusion:

I’ve secured scenario and I’ve only lost 572p while I’ve taken approx. 2100p of his.
Result is a 19-1 to me including scenario.

- Early in the game I’m wasting a flame copter on a ridiculous move to try and flame his units. With Banshees so close this was really no point in doing.

- I also spend my scroll early game. I should rather have had it later when we actually got into combat.

- If I hadn’t failed the terror tests, the buster should have survived the game and got me the last 330 VPs for a 20-0 score.

- I like having both my 2 busters back.

- Miners did a great job this game, I think I just need to play them a little less aggressive against lists with eg. 3x Reaper Bolt Thrower. I think I wanna play them with pistols for a game.

- I’m not really sold on the Vengeance Seeker. This game my opponent also removed him early in the game. It’s 60p I could spend on giving miners pistols and maybe swapping the minimum warrior unit for a minimum unit of clan marksmen with guild-crafted handguns for removing chaff and stuff like lucky shield on big targets. (Tipped by Grayfox on this one!) 60p could also be used to bump the small warriors units or switch the copter to 1x flame, 2x bomber.

- The “smashing” King build is up for consideration. It was really annoying fighting those BK with S4 and not be able to wound them with T5. The only things I need S10 vs are the same things my engineers with catapults should take care of. I’ll have to rethink the build on the King. Maybe D3W+1A+1S? Runic armor is as good as it gets I think. I really like the shield with parry and the ability to strike with I4 at least.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Tue May 10, 2016 11:04 pm

2500p DH vs BH
Player: Federiko00

Deployment: Battle Line
2nd Objective: King of the Hill
DH list:
Dwarf King, War Throne, Runic Weapon (Fury, Destruction, Craftsmanship), Runic Armour (Steel, Iron), 400p

13 Dwarf Warriors, Standard, Shield, Throwing Weapons, 117p
10 Dwarf Marksmen, Standard, Shield, Guild-Crafted Handguns, 150p

10 Miners, Pistols, Standard, 120p
1x Attack Copter, 75p
2x Flame Copter, 2x 85p

2xGrudge Buster, 2x165p

Total: 2496p
BH List:
Centaur Chief, General, +1W, Dragon Mantle, HA, Lance, Shield, Looted Booze, Pillage Icon, Totem
Minotaur Chief, GW, LA, Mithril Mail, Dark Rain, Totem
Beast Chief, BSB, Banner of Courage, Beast Axe, Crown of Scorn, Hardened Shield, HA, Totem

3x5 Feral Dogs
10 Wildhorns, Standard, Ambush, Paired Weapons
15 Wildhorns, Standard, Ambush, Paired Weapons
15 Wildhorns, Standard, Ambush, Shields
11 Centaurs, FCG, Light Lances

39 Longhorns, FCG, GW
6 Minotaurs, FCG, Paired Weapons,
3x1 Razortusk

Cyclop
Deployment
I forgot to take a picture of deployment actually, but it’s quite easy to see how his things moved up, this is at the end of BH T1.
He chooses side and I choose that he will begin deployment.
We deploy one and one unit each until I’ve only got characters left and he does the rest of his army to get him +1, which suits me fine as I don’t want 1rst round vs Dark Rain.

He vanguards quite far, but only 1 Razorgor is within 12” of the General with the Pillager Icon.

3x Wildhorns and Miners ambush.

Grudges: Centaurs, Longshorns, Minotaurs and largest ambushing Wildhorn unit with AHW.
T1:
BH:
- His army move up and want to apply pressure early on
- Magic: 7-6: He has only Totems and cast everything on 1 dice. I Dispel a shitload of things and he fails other. In the end both centaurs and Minotaurs have received D3+1” extra charge range.
- Cyclops deviated off my bunker unit and partials catapult but does nothing.

DH:
- The right Grudge Buster charges the close dogs, he holds of some reason.
- Attack Copter move up to prevent the centaur charge and flame copters line up for flaming/blocking in the coming rounds.
- I’ve got a case with the leftmost Razortusk threatening one of my catapults.
- The left Buster repositions to be just within short range on the rightmost Razortusk.
- King repositions to be on the opposite side of the unit as Minotaur hero, I wanna use my D3 wound to kill normal minotaurs to begin with.
- Bunker backs up 1,5" to get that further distance between me and the Minotaurs.
- Left Engineer moves 3” to get clear LoS on the middle dogs.
- Magic: 5-4. He dispel Resilience and Distracting on the Left catapult.
- I begin with a catapult killing the razortusk threatening him. Nothing panics.
- Handgunners and engineer reduce the dogs to 1 model due to lousy wounding by the handgunners.
- Left GB does 1W to the pig his shooting.
- Right GB wipes Dogs and reform to face the flank of longhorns.

T2:
BH

- Minotaurs charge my bunker and just make it with the additional D3+1” charge range.
- Centaurs charge the attack copter, which holds to redirect them.
- 2x Wildhorns with AHW ambushes next to my catapults.
- Razortusk moves up to block my warriors from flanking the minotaurs.
- His army moves up, 3rd Razortusk to threaten my catapult next turn.
- Magic: 8-6. He casts hard target and MR3 on the Longhorns, I let it through.
I focus on dispelling and scrolling everything he casts on the minotaurs. He also fails some as he casts everything on 1 dice.
- Cyclops misfires and cannot shoot anymore this game, one less threat to worry about.
- Minotaurs does 17W totally, I do 11W, the king delivers 7 of them! I hold on steadfast. There is only 1+1/3 Minotaur left and the Minotaur hero. I reform my King to be in base contact with the minotaur hero.
- Centaurs wipe the attack copter and reforms.

DH

- Right grudge buster charge the flank of the right Razortusk
- Warriors charge the razortusk in front of them.
- I reform hand gunners and move the engineer to line up a double flee move to protect the catapult from wildhorns. I should have that musician on them so they could have shot the stray dog in front of them.
- Miners show up and plan to charge those Wildhorns in the rear when they fail charge after a double flee move.
- I line up a flame copter to redirect the centaurs once more.
- I move right buster and flame copter to shoot at the Longhorns.
- Left buster repositions along with engineer to protect catapult from the other ambushing unit of Wildhorns.
- Magic: 7-5: I cast reckoning on the little unit that fights the razortusk. He dispels resilience and distracting on the big unit.
- GB and Engineer kills a few Wildhorns off the right unit.
- Miners and Engineer kills a few Wildhorns off the left unit.
- Flame copter kills 10 longhorns with 36 hits!!! They don’t panic :P
- Catapults deviate off Cyclop
- Warriors wins combat vs razortusk and restrains to keep that hill between them and Longhorns.
- GB kills Razortusk and reform to be in the flank of Longhorns.
- Big block kills off Minotaur unit and king does 3W to the Minotaur hero. I choose to pursuit as I think I’m safe with the fleeing razortusk blocking the longhorns from charging me. He’s he does 1W to my King.
- I catch the minotaur hero, roll 11” on pursuit distance. He flee directly towards the fleeing razortusk, which I also catch and kill. Suddenly I’m lined up with a Longhorn charge to the face and a centaur overrun into my flank when they wipe my copter!!!

T3:

BH

- Centaurs charge the copter, I hold.
- Longhorns charge my bunk, I flee as I’m quite far away and even if I roll 12” I can’t flee off the table.
- They try to redirect into my buster, but there is no room and the must fail the charge towards the big block without any alternative target to charge.
- Wildhorns charge the handgunners as expected. I’ve overseen the lone dog which now can send my general block off the table and I hold instead.
- The 3rd ambushing unit shows up in my Miners flank.
- A unit of feral dogs move up to block my miners.
- Magic: 4-3: I let through +1 A and AP2 on the Centaurs, they will kill that copter anyways. I dispel distracting on something I cannot remember and let through Distracting on the Longhorns.
- Centaurs wipe another copter and reforms.
- Wildhorns fluff vs Hand Gunners doing nothing, I do 1w in return and hold on 5!

DH

- Miners charge the dogs in front of them to hopefully clear them out before the Wildhorns currently in my flank charge me.’
- left buster charge the wildhorns in front of him
- Engineer charge the flank of wildhorns to try and save the hand gunners.
- Bunker block rallies.
- Flame copter lines up to re-direct the Longhorns this time.
- 2nd GB moves to be just on the hill to have LoS next turn and shoots a Longhorn at the same time.
- Magic: 2-1. I really needed a little this turn. I cast distracting on the big unit, he scrolls it.
- GB wipes the wildhorns and reform to face the rest of the battle.
- Engineer and hand gunners draw the combat, but can reform the gunner guys to be in front and use their shield better.
- Miners take 4w from the dogs and only does 2 in return. I forget that pistols count as paired weapons, which means we would strike at the same I and I would have 9 more attacks. We end up drawing the combat…

T4

BH

- Centaurs charge the Bunker unit
- Longhorns charge the flame copter.
- Wildhorns charge the flank of my miners.
- Lone dog and Cyclop repositions for next turn.
- Magic: 3-2: I dispel +1A and AP2 on the Cenaturs, then he fails to cast the same spell with double 1 to cast.
- Longhorns does only 2w to the copter, it breaks but escapes pursuit. Longhorns overruns into warriors unit.
- Miners lose combat, break and are caught. Dogs are now behind my catapult and wildhorns bump the other wildhorn unit.
- Hand gunners and engineer draw the combat once again.
- Centaurs do 10 ish wounds, his general only does 1W to me with S8. I do 9W in return, the king does 3 of those to the Centaur general killing him and 3 normal centaurs. I lose by 1 but hold on steadfast.

I’ve g2g now, dinner with friends, but this game is close to an end already. The centaurs will be wiped by the bunker. Both Buster charge the longhorns and statistically kill enough between them that longhorns are no longer steadfast and lose with 6-7 and break on avg being caught by a buster or warriors. With this I most likely secure scenario and got busters and bunker to kill what I want of the remaining wildhorns and cyclops.

Lets say that he retreats and I don’t get those points and lets count.

END GAME

Conclusion:

I’ve secured scenario, I’ve only lost 500p while I’ve taken approx. 2350p of his.
Result is a 20-0 to me including scenario.

- My goal this game was to restrict his charging from getting in more than one unit at a time as I can handle one of either and focus on dispelling buffs on that unit.

- I was very satisfied when he got turn 1 so Dark Rain was less effective and he couldn’t charge T1 with his vanguarding units.

- Statistically I should be bold enough to dispel with 1 dice always, as I got +4 to dispel vs bounds and block his spells with anything except 1,2 on the dice roll.
- Paying for Guild Crafted-Handguns seems pointless in a list with so “little” shooting. I think I’ll keep the crossbows for range and get something else for those 24p I got left, musicians on the two small block for SR is the first that comes to my mind.

- I didn’t miss those Vengeance Seekers this game, but I’m pretty sure they could have done something useful this time.

- Pistols on Miners is the new thing, I liked it and it would have worked a dream if I remembered in the first CC phase :P

- King build works great. Warriors take a lot of casualties without parry, but they a normally steadfast and kill a lot of stuff to reduce incoming attacks the coming rounds before I can get in some support.

- Engineers are worth every point with their chaff clearing abilities even while assisting the catapult. Their toughness with 3+ AS and parry in CC also makes the ideal flank chargers to help units as my hand gunners and they can also be sacrificed to line up double flee moves if needed! I failed in doing that this turn though.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Fri May 13, 2016 8:55 pm

2500p DH vs DL
Player: Rulah

2nd Objective: Capture Standard
DH list:
Dwarf King, War Throne, Runic Weapon (Fury, Destruction, Craftsmanship), Runic Armour (Steel, Iron), 400p

10 Dwarf Warriors, Standard, Musician, Shield, Throwing Weapons, 100p
10 Dwarf Marksmen, Standard, Musician, Shield, Crossbows,140p

1x Steam Bomber, 105p
2x Flame Copter, 2x 85p

2xGrudge Buster, 2x165p

Total: 2499p
DL List:

Courtesan of Pleasure, lvl 4, Slaneesh (0, 3, 4, 6), Eternal Blade, Shackles of Reality

Harbinger of Wrath, Innate Defence 4+, Crusher
Harbinger of Change, Lvl 1, Alchemy (0), Scroll

30 Slaughterers, FCG, Banner of Relentless Company
10 Horrors, FCG, Shooting thing
3x5 Furies, Mark of Lust

5x Crusher Cavalry, FCG
6x Clawed Fiends, Barbed Claws
Deployment

He chooses side and I choose that he will begin deployment.
He deploy his entire army.
Miners ambush.

Grudges: Crushers, Slaughterers, Fiends
T1:
DL:
- His army move up and slaughterers spend their banner of relentless company.
- Magic: he casts nothing and no shooting is within range.

DH:
- I move flyer out of avg charge range of his units.
- Steam copter pushes past LoS of the furies and try to shoot them in the flank.
- Magic: 8-7: I cast distracting on the small warriors.
- Shooting: Catapults does 2W+4W to the Courtesan!!!

T2:
DL

- No charges.
- He repositions to have better placement for next turn.
- Crushers takes 2w from DT and Harbinger of Wrath takes 1W from DT.
- No magic, as he has no range.

DH

- Buster charge the first unit of furies.
- The big block fails a 12”, avg. distance, charge to get the crushers. There was no big issue if I failed it as I had several fliers to block available.
- Flame copters move up to re-direct/block charges. The on in front of letter line up so he bumps furies when overrunning.
- Steam Bomber and 2nd buster repositions to shoot last Furies unit.
- Magic: 5-4: I cast resilience on the small warriors in case the fiends charge them. He dispel Distracting on the crossbowmen.
- Catapult misfires and cannot shoot this or next turn.
- Bombing run and shooting from copter, buster and engineer kills the 5 Furies.
- 2nd Catapult does 4w to Fiends.
- Crossbowmen does 1w to letters :P
- Furies does nothing to Buster and the die, overrun into the next unit.

T3:

DL

- Harbinger charge out of unit, is this allowed from 2nd rank?
- Fiends charge crossbowmen, who stand and shoot but do nothing.
- Slaughterers charge copter.
- No magic, no range.
- Letters kill copter and they reform and they will just bump furies.
- Furies still do nothing to buster and is wiped/crumbles to dust – reform to face the rest of my army.
- Fiends and harbinger kills 9/10 crossbowmen. I break and he pursuits with the harbinger. Fiends restrain and reform. The dwarf fails his DT and dies. Harbinger runs into my generals big block.

DH

- Buster charge the rear of fiends.
- Small warriors unit charge the front of fiends.
- I move some fliers around to block and shoot letter and such.
- Steam copter and flame copter block letters.
- Magic: 10-5: I fail resilience on warriors, he scrolls distracting on them and dispel stubborn.
- Flame copter kills 10 ish Slaughterers.
- Sweeping attack kills 5 ush Slaughterers
- Catapult kills 10 ish Slaughterers
- His Fiends does 4w to my warriors, I got 9W in return and the rest of the unit dies.
- His Harbinger does 5w, I miraculously do 2w in return and win on musician. He rolls high on instability and dies.
- I line up expecting a crusher charge next turn, if that doesn’t happened the waiting crushers or the letters will be charged after failing their charge on a double flee move from copters.

My opponent concede, as he can see now way to get this back now. I didn’t even get and End Game picture before he left

END GAME

Conclusion:

I’ve only lost 285p while I’ve already taken approx. 1550p of his.
Result is already 15-5 to me excluding scenario

- This game is more or less over when the Courtesan of Pleasure fails his saves against catapults and dies in my T1. This shows how risky it can be to play with Great Daemons or Dragon Lord characters…

- After T2 he’s out of charge blockers/redirectors and I can basically do whatever I want.

- In the next round I’ll charge the crushers if he doesn’t charge me. Statistically I will take 10W, I will do 13W, he will crumble on Instability with Ld1.This will get me scenario.

- I’ll keep Slaughterers at a distance with my 5 fliers and shoot them until I can charge them with the busters/block and be done with it.

- I think this would have ended 20-0 to me if we go with statistic, but that doesn’t always happened :P
Kongsberg Tablewar

Grayfox
Juggernaut

Post by Grayfox » Fri May 13, 2016 10:01 pm

Nice winning streak nå?! Dobbel catapult med engineers FTW :)

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Fri May 13, 2016 11:26 pm

Jeg har nok spilt mot litt varierende kvalitet av spillere, men det er tydelig at catapulter skal man ikke kødde med hvis man er monster.

Jeg har sett litt på å bytte dem med Kanoner også, siden det begynner å bli bra med flamme coptere og steam bomber i lista til å pie plate med andre ting. S3 katapulter gjør erfaringsmessig ikke veldig mye utover main target.

Grunnen er at kanoner med ingeniører treffer på 3+ mot larget targets og er mye bedre mot multi wound modeller og tung rustning.
Kongsberg Tablewar

Grayfox
Juggernaut

Post by Grayfox » Sat May 14, 2016 2:26 pm

Jeg tror katapulter er mer fleksible og bedre enn kanoner. Med engineer treffer også katapulter på "3+" (reroll scatter = 66 prosent treffsjanse. I tillegg kan de treffe monstre bak impassable, det kan ikke kanoner. Og så truer de infanteri i tillegg, som ikke kanon gjør. Kun S3 ja, men det svir for mange likevel, særlig alver

Ugrush
Thorn

Post by Ugrush » Sun May 22, 2016 12:25 pm

2500p DH vs DE
Player: Conan

2nd Objective: Breakthrough
DH list:

10 Dwarf Warriors, Standard, Musician, Shield, Throwing Weapons, 100p
10 Dwarf Marksmen, Standard, Musician, Shield, Crossbows, 140p

1x Steam Bomber, 105p
2x Flame Copter, 2x 85p

2xGrudge Buster, 2x165p

Total: 2499p
DE List:

Oracle, General, Lvl 2, Fire (0,2), Dispel Scroll
Oracle, Lvl 2, Fire, (0, 5)
Captain, Fleet Commander, BSB, Hardened Shield
Assassin, Path of Silent Death, Nightshade, AHW

10 Repeater Auxiliaries, Standard, Musician
10 Repeater Auxiliaries, Standard, Musician
10 Repeater Auxiliaries, Standard, Musician, Icon of Relentless Company
5 Dark Raiders, Repeater Crossbows

14 Tower Guard, Standard, Musician
14 Tower Guard, Standard, Musician

3xFleet Commander, Repeating Shots
10 Raven Cloaks, Poison, GW
10 Raven Cloaks, Poison, GW
Deployment

I choose side and he wants me to begin deployment. I pic the corner with the field on his side to try and take advantage of units being flammable in fields.
I try deploy flyers to bloc LoS to RBTs and at the same time block off my deployment zone from his scouts.
Miners Ambush
He vanguards away from me and the field sadly.

I get first turn on the roll-off.

Grudges: 2x Tower Guard, Closest Repeaters
T1:
DH:
- I move flyers better into cover/away from his army and oLoS of RBT’s and/or inside the Shielding Banner radius.
- Units march up to get into his zone and hide behind that hill and get those RBTs ASAP so I can start doing something with my flyers.
- Magic: 8-5: I cast resilience on the Flame copter to the left of my blocks.
- Catapults bother deviate off RBTs.

DE:
- He moves up his entire army.
- Magic: 7-4: He get off 2d6 Fireball on Buster, get 11 hits and does 2W
- Shades does 1W on Buster
- 3x RBTs does 1W on Buster

T2:
DH

- No charges
- Miners show up behind RBTs
- Big block and Marksmen marches full speed ahead.
- Little warriors unit hold back a little to not get a flank charge from Tower Guard.
- Steam Bomber lines up for sweeping/charge on RBTs next turn.
- 3 lower flyers move away from his shooting/magic/oLoS.
- Magic: 5-3: I get off Resilience on the Steam Bomber.
- #1 Catapult kills one RBT.
- #2 Catapult misfires and cannot shoot anymore this game even with engineer re-roll (1,2)
- Miners does 1W to an RBT.
- Steam bomber does nothing with shooting.

DE

- He moves his army closer to me and my deployment zone.
- Magic: 8-6: I fail to dispel 2d6 Fireball on the buster with 1W left. There was really no point in doing this as he would have killed it with shades/assassin anyway. I scroll Flaming Swords Aura which would have affected almost his entire army.
- Dark Raiders does 1w which I fail to save against the Buster with 1w left.
- Assassin does 2W to Buster.

T3:

DH

- Miners charge RBT and line up for an overrun into the other RBT.
- Marksmen march up to get into his zone.
- Warriors march up to try and get oLoS of the Tower Guard
- Big block reform to take out TG so I have 1 less unit to care about for scenario.
- Steam Bomber lines up to protect the flank of small warriors.
- Flame Copters line up to double flee from Tower Guard.
- I realize I’ve failed in positioning the Steam bomber and he doesn’t block the TG at all…
- Magic: 8-4: I get off Distracting and Stubborn on the small warriors
- Shooting: Catapult misfires and takes a wound.
- Miners kill the RBT and overrun into the next one.

DE

- Tower Guard charges Flame Copter, which flee and rolls 4”…. He re-direct into the Steam Bomber which flees through the big block. He catches the first copter. Black guard reform to face
- He move his army closer, but no longer commits so much to winning scenario.
- Magic: 2-1: 1d6 Fireball does 2W to Flame copter
- Assassin does 1W on the Buster.
- Repeaters does 1W to the Flame Copter and kills it as I can’t save this wound either.
- Miners kill the last RBT and reform to run and hide in the corner.

T4

DH

- Buster charges the TG in the flank.
- Steam Bomber rallies.
- Big block reform to face deployment zone and moves 3” towards it, I didn’t bother to actually turn it so the unit still looks to the left.
- Engineer marches to block dark raiders from charging the catapult.
- Magic: 12-7. He scrolls resilience on the Buster and he dispel distracting on it.
- Catapult deviates off a repeater unit.
- Buster does 3W on impact. The lone Tower Guard manages to do 2W onto the buster and I save nothing!

DE

- Tower Guard fails their 8” charge against the Steam Bomber. S&S kills 1 TG.
- He moves some of his unit toward my scoring units in his deployment zone and to threaten my Catapults and engineer.
- Magic: 7-4: 2d6 Fireball does 2W on Steam Bomber
- He miscasts and kills 5 repeaters, takes a wound on the caster but no panic caused.
- Shooting kills the engineer.

T5:

DH:

- Units march into his deployment zone to secure objective and hide behind the hill as good as possible from his shooting.
- Magic: 3-3, nothing goes off.
- Catapult deviates off the unit hurt form miscast last turn.

DE

- Dark Raiders charge catapult
- He moves closer to my units and reform BSB block to get into my sone.
- No magic as no range
- Shooting kills engineer and does some wounds on the miners.
- Raiders just manages to kill the Catapult and reform to charge the other catapult in T6.

T6:

DH:

- I move further into the corner
- Magic: 8-6: I get off resilience on the marksmen.

DE:

- Assassin fails charge against catapult.
- Raiders charge the catapult.
- Magic 7-6: I dispel 2d6 fireball, he fails to cast 3d6 fireball.
- Shooting does 2W to miners.
- Raiders does 1W to the Catapult but they hold on stubborn.

END GAME

Conclusion:

I’ve secured scenario, I’ve lost 900p while I’ve taken approx. 450p of his.
Result is an 11-9 to me including scenario.

- My plan in this game was to run across the table, get those RBTs and use copter vs scoring units once it was a bit safer to fly around. If he had actually put anything towards me I planned to use the field and flaming banner against anything that would fight me.

- MSU Dread Elves is a tough match up as there is very little I can do against all that shooting and fireball. My opponent could have gotten scenario by simply walking across the table. He lose scenario when he commits another scoring unit to shoot my smaller units in T3 which turns this from a 15-5 to a 9-11 result.

- Catapults had 1 hit combined in this game, which is ridiculous poor rolling with engineers!

- Against an enemy like this the Runic banner should have excelled. I’m not too convinced of that item currently. I might try the Dismay banner instead for a game (-D6 charge range banner)
Kongsberg Tablewar

Return to “Battle report”