Privateer Press: Warmachine MkIII Announcement

Det meste av WmH diskusjon skjer på 2d6 Discord - her er en åpen invitasjon

Moderator: vizier87

Ironclad
Wraith Engine

Re: Privateer Press: Warmachine MkIII Announcement

Post by Ironclad » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:35 pm

http://privateerpress.com/community/pri ... 04-27-2016
PPS_Hungerford wrote: The foundation of WARMACHINE & HORDES competitive play is the Steamroller tournament format. In the week immediately following Lock & Load GameFest 2016, all of the new and freshly upgraded Organized Play documents will release, and the newest version of Steamroller 2016 will be unleashed!

Steamroller has been updated top to bottom to perfectly supplement the release of the new WARMACHINE & HORDES editions. There are lots of little tweaks and changes throughout the document, but I wanted to touch on some of the bigger ones in this Insider.

For starters, point sizes. If you’re used to playing 35 or 50 point games in Mk II, you’re probably wondering what size is right for you in the new editions. Well, once the new editions are released, I recommend you should play around with all of the different point-sized armies to find the one that is right for you. To get you started, consider this: a 75-point army in the new editions is roughly the same as a 50-point army in Mk II (in terms of model count and game length); similarly, a 50-point army in the new editions is roughly the same as a 35-point army in Mk II.

Now that you’ve got your bearings and are ready to start some list-building mental exercises, let me drop a bomb of you. You might want to sit down for this one…

Character restrictions are gone in multi-list events.

Okay, let’s talk about that.

First, in a multi-list event, each of your lists still must be led by a different warcaster or warlock from your chosen faction—and yes, different iterations of the same named caster (i.e., Kreoss 1, Kreoss 2, Kreoss 3) count as a “different warcaster” to meet this requirement. However, all other models that are FA: C can now be included in as many of your lists as you like.

I know you might be immediately thinking: “Gah! Bane Lord Tartarus in every Cryx list? A non-stop wave of Gormans and Eirysses? Why?!” But trust us: we’ve rebalanced every single model in the game, so there shouldn’t be a single character model that dominates an entire faction anymore and that shows up in all lists. And if that does actually happen, we have a plan for how to address it (more on that in a future insider).

Further, let’s be honest: character restrictions in the past weren’t 100% equal across the board. The Choir of Menoth is far more of an “auto-include” in Protectorate lists than Gorman is, but they could be used in every single Protectorate list under the old restrictions. And some character models got caught in the restriction crossfire that honestly had no reason to be. Why should a Merc player only be allowed to take one Bloody Bradigan across his two or three lists, while a Cygnar player can take a squire in every one? It didn’t make much sense, and with the complete rebalancing of every single model, it’s gone.

Of course, with each new iteration of Steamroller come new scenarios, new objectives, and new terrain rules. That’s no different this year, but let me focus on the terrain rules in particular. Without going into all of the language details, the terrain rules are getting two major changes you’ll want to know about right away. First, the amount of terrain per table is increasing from 5–7 pieces to 6–8 pieces. To complement that, the rules for how and where terrain can be placed—specifically in relation to scenario elements—are much more relaxed than before. If you want an obstruction in a zone, go for it. Want to put an obstacle near a flag? Feel free. Want to shove all of the terrain to the edges of the table? No can do. In fact, terrain can’t even be placed within a certain range of the table edges to ensure that the battlefield looks like…well, a battlefield, one full of meaningful terrain and not a big empty killing field.

In addition to all of these tweaks and new elements, one new variant way to play WARMACHINE & HORDES that’s being added to Steamroller is incredibly exciting. Have you ever wished you could actually play kitchen table WARMACHINE? Or perhaps your local gaming venue doesn’t have 4′ x 4′ tables to accommodate a standard-size game, so you’re out of luck? Well worry no longer; we’re going to bring you a whole new way to play called Rumble.

In Rumble, the game is played on a 30″ x 30″ table or play area. Rumble games come with their own set of unique scenarios specifically designed for quicker engagement with players beginning the game so close to each other. Once you get started, a Rumble game feels like you’ve just started a WARMACHINE game on a 4′ x 4′ table right around the third round in terms of model positioning.

Of course, the big issue we had to solve with Rumble was turn-one caster assassinations. I won’t bog down this Insider with all the exact rules language, but the basic gist is that each player begins the game with only their Advance Deploy models in play. The rules then detail how on each player’s first turn, the rest of that player’s models either advance onto the table as if they were marching onto the battlefield from their table edge or are placed in play (for those models that can’t advance normally). After both players’ first turn is over, all of the models are in play, and everything carries on like normal, but this does mean that on the first player’s first turn, his or her opponent’s caster isn’t even on the table (because the opponent hasn’t resolved the step at the beginning of his turn to march forces onto the field).

Thus, the first player gets to advance up the field and prepare for an alpha strike early on, but the second player gets to effectively “deploy” in response to the first player’s entire turn and prepare his or her own counterattack. In our testing, we found that Rumble games play fast and furious yet aren’t that different from standard-sized games of WARMACHINE & HORDES. I expect that the meta of Rumble games will be slightly different than that of standard-sized games, simply due to the space restrictions that some casters will love and some will…well, have to deal with.

Regardless, Rumble provides players with limited play space a way to enjoy full games of WARMACHINE & HORDES when the new editions drop this June!

Look for all the rules about Rumble, scenarios, objectives, and so much more when Steamroller 2016 and all of the new Organized Play documents release the week after Lock and Load GameFest 2016!
<--- Leif

Ironclad
Wraith Engine

Post by Ironclad » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:21 am

Noen sitater fra Hungerford i insider tråden:
PPS_Hungerford wrote: "Toe-ing in" is no longer a thing. Terrain features like forests and clouds only provide their benefit to models completely within that terrain feature. Similarly clouds only provide concealment to a model completely within the cloud.
PPS_Hungerford wrote:
Hills too.
PPS_Hungerford wrote:
Delta247 wrote: This may be a stupid question, but will we still not be able to draw line of sight past terrain and clouds, ie forest?
Not a stupid question at all. Forests and clouds still block LOS nearly identically to how they currently do. (aka can see into a cloud but not past it, can see up to 3" into a forest but not to a model completely on the other side, etc). However, it should be noted that there is context missing here in regards to what can and can't see through forests and clouds these days or ignore / prosper from their benefits. So a direct comparison of the loss of toe-in to the MK II ruleset will lead to some incorrect conclusions ultimately.

It's an important change in the overall gameplay for sure, but I recommend weighing it against the big picture once the full ruleset and all of the cards are out.
<--- Leif

Sverre
Thorn

Post by Sverre » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:58 am

Noe som tyder på at man kan spille med større skoger og hauger? Samtidig øker antall terrengbiter fra 5-7 til 6-8.
Blue moon over the Nightmare Empire
#DennyWillHaveSnuggles

Ironclad
Wraith Engine

Post by Ironclad » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:04 am

Sverre wrote:Noe som tyder på at man kan spille med større skoger og hauger? Samtidig øker antall terrengbiter fra 5-7 til 6-8.
Nja, jeg vil ikke lage større terrengbiter siden en bør ha flere av de på bordet og de skal være mer sentralisert i følge de nye SR reglene.
<--- Leif

Olannon
Haley

Post by Olannon » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:17 am

Sverre wrote:Noe som tyder på at man kan spille med større skoger og hauger? Samtidig øker antall terrengbiter fra 5-7 til 6-8.
Det ble sagt i går fra en av PP-gutta at de ikke anbefalte nye størrelser. Det er rett og slett en nerf til defensive bonuser isolert sett, men med tettere og mer sentralisert terreng har det kanskje ikke all verden å si. Concealment er veldig enkelt å få i Mk. 2. Kanskje de vil dette litt mer til livs?
Jarle Svendsrud

www.courageofcaspia.com

Kaleth Darkblade
Juggernaut

Post by Kaleth Darkblade » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:27 am

Olannon wrote:
Det ble sagt i går fra en av PP-gutta at de ikke anbefalte nye størrelser. Det er rett og slett en nerf til defensive bonuser isolert sett, men med tettere og mer sentralisert terreng har det kanskje ikke all verden å si. Concealment er veldig enkelt å få i Mk. 2. Kanskje de vil dette litt mer til livs?
Enig. Liker at de fjerner Toe-ing aspektet.
On the Judi bandwagon

Sverre
Thorn

Post by Sverre » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:42 am

Ser helt klart poenget, samtidig håper jeg at det ikke gjør skyting alt for bra i mk3.
#DennyWillHaveSnuggles

Kaleth Darkblade
Juggernaut

Post by Kaleth Darkblade » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:06 am

Sverre wrote:Ser helt klart poenget, samtidig håper jeg at det ikke gjør skyting alt for bra i mk3.
De har allerede nerfet Menoth skytingen ganske hardt. Satser på at de fleste får samme resultat.

Samt at det virker som at det allerede er nevnt 2 enheter/jacks som har fått shield guard.
On the Judi bandwagon

Dagowit
Ghetorix

Post by Dagowit » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:15 am

Olannon wrote:Det ble sagt i går fra en av PP-gutta at de ikke anbefalte nye størrelser. Det er rett og slett en nerf til defensive bonuser isolert sett, men med tettere og mer sentralisert terreng har det kanskje ikke all verden å si. Concealment er veldig enkelt å få i Mk. 2. Kanskje de vil dette litt mer til livs?
Godt spørgsmål. Med mere terræn på midten af bordet bliver det vanskeligere at få LoS - og muligvis lettere at få Cover (hvis de regler er uændrede). Jeg tror egentlig mere at det handler om at spillere tvinges til at vælge hvilke modeller der får Concealment/Cover. Hvad du eksponerer for fjenden - og muligvis også hvordan du flytter frem igennem en spilleplade med mere terræn i vejen - gør potentielt spillet mere taktisk.

Olannon
Haley

Post by Olannon » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:41 am

Sverre wrote:Ser helt klart poenget, samtidig håper jeg at det ikke gjør skyting alt for bra i mk3.
Dette var min første tanke også. Skyting er allerede -bra- i Mk. 2. Endringene så langt tilsier fra makroperspektiv at det blir bedre. Noe må komme som veier opp for det. Som Christian sier vet vi at Menoth sin skyting er betraktelig nerfet. Hvis dette er noe de ønsker å gjøre generelt og ikke bare for Menoth så vil det være et steg i riktig retning.
Jarle Svendsrud

www.courageofcaspia.com

haraldtorvatn
Trencher

Post by haraldtorvatn » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:27 pm

Jeg hadde i hvert fall satt pris på om det var litt færre ting i spillet som ignorerte cover, concealment og stealth. (hver for seg og sammen). Concealment er ikke verd stort når hvem som helst ignorerer det.

Sverre
Thorn

Post by Sverre » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:30 am

Cryx faction preview http://privateerpress.com/community/pri ... 04-28-2016.

Ser ut som de har tatt tak og gått "Whack-a-mole" på alle de enhetene som var i overkant bra. Bane Knights fikk vel den største smekken slik jeg ser det, ikke lengre Weaponmasters. Bile purge er nerfa til Spray8 med autohit. Arc-nodes har blitt billigere, men samtidig blitt def14. McThralls er nerfet, Skarlock er nerfet.

For meg som leser med optimisme mellom linjene ser det ut som Banes kanskje har fått speed6, men da mistet movementdelen av curse.

Sitter med følelsen av at PP akkurat har gitt meg en real omgang med luremus, litt info, mest om hva som nerfes, men ikke nok til at jeg egentlig kan planlegge noe. De har meg på kroken hvertfall, kommer til å bli en lang ventetid mot mk3.
#DennyWillHaveSnuggles

Olannon
Haley

Post by Olannon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:37 am

Well said, +1.

Fra mitt ståsted virker det som om PP mener alvor med at de ønsker å trekke factions tilbake til kjerneverdiene sine. For Cryx ser det ut til at slagkraft og avhengighet av magi er de 2 store og de kommer på bekostning av shenanigans og kontrollelementer. Tilsvarende ser vi at Protectorate har mistet en del på skytingen ettersom de ikke skal være en gunline.

Dette er spennende, fordi det betyr at hver faction i prinsippet blir mer unik i spillestil, gitt at de faktisk har fått det til.

Jeg liker at Deneghra1 by and large er uberørt. Hun var en ekstremt god caster i Mk. 2 og jeg kan ikke se for meg at hun er vesentlig verre i Mk. 3 med hva vi har sett så langt fra Cryx. Slik jeg ser det er dette enda et moment som gjør at vi kan forvente tilnærmet likt powerlevel i Mk. 3 som vi har nå i Mk. 2.
Jarle Svendsrud

www.courageofcaspia.com

Sverre
Thorn

Post by Sverre » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:26 am

Liker at de setter ytterligere fokus på hva de ulike faksjonene skal gjøre. Utfordringen med at Cryx skal være debuff-faksjonen er at de i stor grad trenger castere med høy focus for å få det til å fungere, både for å faktisk treffe det de skal kaste på, men også for at warcasteren ikke er for utsatt etterpå.

Ser jo ut som pDenny er like utsatt som før etter å ha kastet Parasite/Crippeling grasp og at man fremdeles ikke har mulighet til å booste noen ting om man både vil debuffe og kaste scourge (Skarlock kan kaste debuff etter at noe er knocked down i mk2, men det forsvinner jo til mk3). Spennende å se hvor avhengig enhetene blir av debuffs og hva de gjør med resterende support-enheter.
#DennyWillHaveSnuggles

Olannon
Haley

Post by Olannon » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:59 am

Utsatt er relativt. Hun har stealth ^^. Selv uten har hun base stats på linje med mange andre casters som klarer seg fint vha. posisjonering. Med billige arc nodes bør det la seg gjøre.

Back to announcements: Det kom en rimelig heftig spoiler på forumet også om Venethrax:
So... Venethrax went through a significant evolution. And honestly I wish I just gave you guys his card. This will be my last Cryx spoiler for the duration, so spoil I shall.

Dragon Slayer is gone. As is Soul Harvester. We substantially retooled his theme for some serious battlegroup coordination and Soul Harvester just did not fit as well as it once did. In place of Soul Harvester Venethrax just picked up +1 STR and ARM. Oh yeah... And acquired Terminal Velocity and Mortality.

And his new feat, Vengeance of the Dragonfather, reads, "Enemy models cannot allocate focus points to or leech fury points from models in Venethrax’s control range. Vengeance of the Dragonfather lasts for one round."
Source: http://privateerpressforums.com/showthr ... from-Toruk!)
Jarle Svendsrud

www.courageofcaspia.com

Return to “Generell diskusjon”