Help Boom picking tournament casters/lists

Råd om listebygging, taktiske genistreker og skitne triks

Moderator: vizier87

Kaboom!
Fennblade

Help Boom picking tournament casters/lists

Post by Kaboom! » Tue May 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Dear everyone,

I was hoping I could pick your brains for tipps in list-picking in a multi-list format so I can start practicing the casters. All kinds of comments would be welcome, especially in terms of list tweaking, how the forces complement each other in a 2-list or 3-list format or which caster I should consider as well (maybe apart from pSevi, who is great but who I suck at playing with).

Kreoss 3
I would like to make this one of my picks. He is quite exciting to play and brings speed to the Protectorate.

Intercessor Kreoss +5
- Fire of Salvation 9
- Guardian 9
Saxon 2
Vassal 2
Reclaimer 2
Book 2
Wrack 1
Min Choir 2
Daughters 5
Full Vengers 11
Errants & UA 10

This one still needs some tuning. I am really missing ranged threat here and a mechanic. My initial instinct is to use the book in another list, use zealots instead of errants and include an artillery piece and a mechanic.
Strong points: Movement shenanigans, Speed, def 17 daughters, Finally a caster that can finish the job himself.

eFeora

In its current incarnation this list looks like:
eFeora
- Judicator 18
- Reckoner 8
2 Vassals 4
2 Mechanics 2
eEyriss 3
Gorman 2
Choir 2
Rhoven & friends 4
Full zealots + UA 8
Knights Exemplar

This used to have Bastions instead of Zealots and a battle engine instead of Vassal #2, Gorman and the Knights. This will probably work better at the expense of fun :)
Strong points: a 4 focus, movement 6 judicator that sets blast-immune things on fire and blasts things that are fire-immune. Also there's other stuff...

pKreoss

Looks amazingly similar to eFeora's...
pKreoss (+5)
- Judi 18
- 2 Reckoners 16
2 Vassals 4
3 Mechanics 3
Gorman 2
min choir 2
Exemplar Errants + UA 10

and is as exciting and innovative as it looks on paper :)
I feel he is the better caster than Feora in such a list if enemy models can be knocked down and aren't immune to blast damage.

Harbinger

Harbinger
- Reckoner 8
Vessel of Judgement 9
Vassal 2
2 Mechs 2
Book 2
Rhupert 2
Choir 2
Knights Exemplar 5
Full Zealots 8
Rhoven & Friends

Well... it's Harbinger with added shenanigans. I must say I haven't played her a lot outside of her tier list, but that's what it might look like. The thought behind it is having a robust well-rounded take-all comers list.
- Reznik, what is best in life?
- To crush the enemy, seen them driven before me and hear the lamentations of the wracks!

Dagowit
Ghetorix

Post by Dagowit » Wed May 08, 2013 7:03 am

OK, not a Protectorate expert but let us get this discussion going...

When I look at opposing lists, I always wonder, "Will I have to use an ARM cracking list against this? Is there anything I absolutely cannot take my generalist list against?" I tnd to have one list with a ton of high ARM and another with a lot of infantry to make it difficult for my opponent to make that choice.

Against your lists, I would happily bring a a generalist list with sone decent ARM cracking potential. The only thing which really messes with infantry spam is eFeora setting everything on fire. Fire also prevents me from playing a squishy Warcaster against the list.

How do you deal with eGaspy, Ravyn, eMorvahna, eHaley and other popular tournament choices?

Side note: I think the Vengers could be pretty ugly with the Vessel Miracles, so I would try both incarnations of that list before deciding.

Kaboom!
Fennblade

Post by Kaboom! » Wed May 08, 2013 12:03 pm

Love it when I write an essay and time out without remembering to copy the text first! :)

Thank you for the answer!

as I am supposed to type fast, I'll address the match-ups directly. Right now I'm leaning towards 3oss and eFeora.

Ravyn: eFeora. Ravyn is always going to be a problem, especially if there's a killbox artifice. eFeora has the best base defensive statline, so I might as well pick her and hope that the 20 mage hunters get unlucky on their damage rolls. On the flip-side, if I can weather the feat (hope dies last) and Judy is still a thing and the zealots are still around, I am probably in ok shape to launch a counter.

eGaspy: eFeora. Fire effect on tough models for a second chance. See through clouds courtesy of Rhoven. The resurrected Thralls will Scrap Judy on feat turn and I hope that what I have left will be enough to threaten Gaspy - such as the Reckoner I kept behind.

eHaley: eFeora. Not a whole lot of experience there... I'll probably lose the shooting duel against the stormwall, but if I move my stuff forward, I might have a shot at threatening scenario victory. At least in this list I can shoot back during Haley's feat, while in a more melee focussed list I just sit there in righteous indignation.

eMorvhanna: I hate to sound repetitive but... eFeora? Granted I have never played against that caster, but I feel that if I don't have the opportunity to put the hurt on your guys from far away, things will go downhill really fast. Plus, Fire-judy and Rhoven are usually a very nice pick against circle. 3oss might also be interesting, as he can remove models from play with Crevasse (whoop-dee-doo) and might have a decent shot thanks to his speed to get far enough upfield to dispatch of that standard bearer hiding in the woods to keep the unit on the board.

on the side-note: Not sure whether you refer to Vessel that used to be in the eFeora list or one that should go into the 3oss list that has Vengers. For 3oss there's certainly worse targets for a miracle than a spd 8 pathfinder p/s 11 weapon master with signs & portents and potentially ignite. Question is what to remove for it as I now definitely would feel more comfortable with a mechanic. Probably would cut the daughters :(, the book and wracks and "downgrade" the exemplars to zealots. Plusses are a nice ranged warpath trigger and miracle shenanigans. Negatives are the loss of a fast def 17 jam unit mainly and increased clutter in the deployment zones as both errants and daughters are AD.
- Reznik, what is best in life?
- To crush the enemy, seen them driven before me and hear the lamentations of the wracks!

Return to “Taktikk og lister”