For the motherland! Learning to paint and play Khador

Maling, battlereports og selvpromotering

Moderator: vizier87

greenskin
Juggernaut

Re: For the motherland! Learning to paint and play Khador

Post by greenskin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:21 am

juanjowar wrote:Thanks. I actually think I will copy your snow idea and will make some snowing in my bases. Anyway as it's too messy to make it properly I will wait and do all the army at the same time, hate to do snow :(
I think snow looks especially good with striking colors as red :) How do you make snow? Mine is just pva glue mixed with snow flock -> dab it onto the base and then add more snow on top.. Not sure I really like it yet :?

Jacks is nicely painted as always Juan! :)

The troll-tartans looks good and go well with the green colorscheme!

Keep up the good work :mrgreen:
- Sindre -

juanjowar
Electromancer

Post by juanjowar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Thanks. Yes, snow will give them a nice extra in the bases as they are quite dark all of them. I use to make it with glue, woodland scenics snow, still water from Vallejo and white colour. But it's so messy around to make it, so that is why I will get one morning and do all the army :D

Few more advances from last week and yesterday.

I don't like he old kovnik model for manowar. So I use the body for the second drakun and get a ua for the conversion. I think looks much better like this standing. Also finish the caster from the starter. Very simple to paint

And some changes in the starter jacks so I get my extra destroyer and extra marauder in case I will use them. ;)

Little break for madrak1 now.

Ironclad
Wraith Engine

Post by Ironclad » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:55 pm

Brilliant as always.

I also hate the MoW Kovnik model. It's a very old sculpt which they should re-do, hopefully when the MoW Theme Force drops!
<--- Leif

juanjowar
Electromancer

Post by juanjowar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:24 pm

Indeed. The man o war models are quite cool, it would be great to have. List with them that was competitive.

Sad, but I don't think they will re sculpt the kovnik. They didn't make a new vlad...and its sooo bad model but the new manowar priest or whatever that will be coming it's awesome

Thanks

juanjowar
Electromancer

Post by juanjowar » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:40 pm

New tournament comming and Ragman made a good match some days ago so he would be in the list. That means have to be paint.

juanjowar
Electromancer

Post by juanjowar » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:46 pm

Waiting for more winter guards and rockets to come, it's time to keep finishing the remaining of my khadors and trolls.

Manowar drakun, the second...maybe be good to have a second if they make a manowar theme as I think they will do ;)

And a couple of troll caster for my beginning in the game.

juanjowar
Electromancer

Post by juanjowar » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:34 am

Few more aditions. New themes means have to paint the guys that still are in the boxes ;)

So. Great bears.

The original kovnik. The second one will be an extra iron fang Ua with an axe instead the pike.

Two more jacks....because never is enough jacks :)
A rager from a old berserker and my own version of drago. I think it's a good jack with vlad and I had an extra mad dog kit. So with some skulls and chains, couple of destroyer axes. I think it's good enough to be tournament legal. :roll:

William
Enigma Foundry

Post by William » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:39 am

Beautiful as always Juan, keep it up! :)

juanjowar
Electromancer

Post by juanjowar » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:47 am

Thanks William. I thought I was nearly done with Khador...now still have to finish pikemans, more casters, more jacks....never end :roll:

juanjowar
Electromancer

Post by juanjowar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Quite a lot of painting today. I made a few weeks a conversion of a earth born. I will bring my trolls one day and I know I will use 2 earthborns sometimes. I don't like to repeat the same Warbeast model so I manage to made this with the help of Sindre that pass me the hands of the dire troll kit.

Quite fun to play with the green stuff ;)

and funny as well to paint :)

juanjowar
Electromancer

Post by juanjowar » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:42 pm

Still waiting for the Khador order that I made with the forge seers and things to finish the lists. So clearing the last bits of the trolls meanwhile.

Plastic bouncer. Just in case will need two, and because model is cool and different from metal.

Horgle 2. Really cool model. But I thing it would be better with extra stuff in the back. Is a bit simple maybe. I cannt make properly picture of the fire. Looks actually crap in the picture. :(

And last, the old model of Rok. I had this model from present 3 years ago and never painted. I like much more the new one but don't think I will buy it with already this one in the shelve

juanjowar
Electromancer

Post by juanjowar » Tue May 02, 2017 6:43 pm

Long time since last post. Quite bussy and so sunny to be painting :)

I get the other 2 units of winter guard and some more Khador so it's time to get back to them and some comission also. Bussy times. So last trolls for a while (till I get the sea

The fat ladys. Cool models.

The little chef (I know. Is not a troll...)

I get 2 of those big guys as a painting winner in a tournament. So as they don't see any table and I may use 2 shamans with the theme, I made a little conversion that I hope is clear enough to be tournament legal.

juanjowar
Electromancer

Post by juanjowar » Wed May 24, 2017 5:47 pm

A bit bussy last days. Not much time to paint and waiting for the forge seers and some extra jacks to come. But finally back in the colour time. Also stopping for a while the tabletop pair for the games workshop painting contest. My friend bought me a model and we bet some beers for the winner....:)

Forge seers done. awesome model and really good to enjoy painting. I could do more blue gems like the tubes on the belt. But I don't want them to look to much cygnar ;)

Marauder time is coming....

Ironclad
Wraith Engine

Post by Ironclad » Wed May 24, 2017 7:30 pm

sweet!
<--- Leif

juanjowar
Electromancer

Post by juanjowar » Wed May 31, 2017 6:41 pm

Ironclad wrote:sweet!
Thanks! They are really big models and just need some airbrush work to get good results

After rookie mistake, time to paint the new 3 marauders. Not sure if I will use them more with harchevik or karchev. I feel karchev is a bit slow and need more practice to manage good results.

And one of the manhunters. The red hair lady. I tried to make the clothes look like leather.

Now time to get into some commission for a while ;)

Return to “Blogger”